Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

November 23rd, 2016 02:00

Touchpad stopped working - DELL XPS 13 (9360)

Hi Guys,

I have bouhgt new DELL XPS 13 9360 few weeks ago. Worked perfectly, until some Windows and/or Dell Update. My TouchPad stopped working.

In device manager I can see that I2C HID device can't start (ERROR CODE 10).

The external mouse is working fine.

Sometimes helps to stop the I2C HID device, remove external mouse, than run Hardware Problem Solving and 1 from 10 times it ends with fixing the driver for I2C HID and it works for a while. Than it crashes again.

I believe it's some kind of driver issue.

Can you help me please?

• 

16.7K Posts

November 23rd, 2016 10:00

jozefrusnak,

You can click the link below to download the Windows 10 Touchpad drivers as well as updating your Bios to the latest version.

XPS 9360 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

"This device cannot start" Code 10 error in Device Manager in Window

10 Posts

November 23rd, 2016 14:00

Thanks for the link.

I tried to install all of the drivers as well as updating BIOS to latest version. But the issue is still the same.

I tried to reinstall the I2C HID device too, but touchpad still doesn't work. I tried to run the Windows in Safe Mode, but still no success.

Any idea? Also, I can't see any driver called 'touchpad' on the link. Can you tell me which one should reinstall the touchpad drivers?

10 Posts

November 25th, 2016 03:00

I rvert the PC to manufacture settings, but touchpad doesn't work either.

I called DELL support, they told me to run F12 during boot and run diagnostics.

No problem has been found, but touchpad doesn't work there eihter.

So It seems to be hardware problem. Technician should come to fix on Monday. I'm curious. I have the notebook only for 3 weeks yet.

• 

16.7K Posts

November 28th, 2016 04:00

JOZEFRUSNAK,

Roll back the Windows 10 update and reinstall the drivers. Install the chipset drivers and then the touchpad drivers.

10 Posts

Done, reinstalling didn't help. After diagnostics via Dell call, touchpad didn't work in diagnostics tool either. Seems to be hardware problem instead. I'm waiting for service technician. Hopefully he will fix the issue.

• 

16.7K Posts

JOZEFRUSNAK,

Thanks for letting me know.

10 Posts

November 28th, 2016 10:00

Omg, the touchpads are not available. So the service technician cannot come, next fix is planed on 12/7/2016 ... I feel disappointed that the "next day support" is taking about 2 weeks for the new high end device like XPS 13....

• 

16.7K Posts

November 29th, 2016 04:00

jozefrusnak,

They are on back order right now.

10 Posts

December 1st, 2016 02:00

Service man came to me and he replaced touchpad with new one but it didn't help. Than he reset BIOS (new one 1.0.7) into manufacturer settings and it helped, touchpad started to work in BIOS.

In Windows touchpad still didn't work. So than he removed "I2C HID Device". Than he clicked to scan for new hardware and touchpad has been istalled back and is working fine.

So it seems the reseting BIOS helped to fix the issue.

10 Posts

December 2nd, 2016 01:00

Touchpad stopped working again. Factory reset in BIOS didn't help today.

It must be some bug with BIOS I guess.

10 Posts

December 12th, 2016 05:00

Finally, the mother board has been replaced. It seems this fixed the issue touchpad....

2 Posts

December 13th, 2016 13:00

i just received my xps13 2 days ago and i have exactly the same issue.

Did the technician replaced the motherboard on site ?  Is it possible to replace the entire machine ?

1 Message

December 13th, 2016 16:00

:(  This exact problem is happening with my system!

I thought it wasn't a hardware issue ... ***, sounds like I'm going to have to RMA this.

10 Posts

December 14th, 2016 05:00

Yes, the technician replaced the motherboard on site in about 1 hour. The touchpad works fine now. I'm wondering, if it hasn't something to do with USB-C monitor Philips 258B6QUEB I bought 2 weeks ago. It worked perfectly together with XPS 13 but than the touchapad issues come. Maybe it's not this case, but I rather replaced the USB-C cable with HDMI cable + HDMI->USB-C reduction. It works fine now.

2 Posts

December 14th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

I just spent 2 hours with the DELL call center, I cannot accept that they change some component even on site for a pc that I have just received monday... so RMA for me... I have ask for a replacement but it is not possible. You must also know that if you accept some component replacement, your RMA is lost.

Pity since the machine is very nice... Not sure to re-order a new one

No Events found!