Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 4th, 2016 19:00

Transferring warranty and ownership problem

Hi, 

I bought an inspiron 5448 from Singapore from a retail store. And I registered my product while I was in Singapore. But Now I am in Sri Lanka and my laptop went dead yesterday. I am still within international warranty period. So when I contacted service provider for Dell in Sri Lanka (Softlogic) they asked me to transfer the warranty to Sri Lanka. 

So when I try to transfer it , after entering the service tag in the very first step of the process I get a message 

'This system cannot be transferred at this time. Please go to Retail Registration to register your system.'

Since I have already registered there's nothing I can do further in retail registration. It says 'your pc has already registered'. Since my Laptop is dead and I need to solve this issue quickly. PLEASE HELP. 

Thanks in Advance.

4 Posts

January 26th, 2016 01:00

I am really disappointed in the way that dell supported me on this issue. I have sent mail to the support, put two posts in support forums. But its been a month since my laptop is down and i get zero response from dell. I will not recommended dell for anyone because of this bad bad customer support. Finally i managed to fill the transfer request but its been 10 days and no progess on that also. Disappointed

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 26th, 2016 04:00

Was the system purchased with just a basic warranty?  If so, that cannot be transferred internationally.  In order to qualify for an international warranty transfer, the system must be upgraded (at extra cost) to an onsite service warranty.

4 Posts

January 26th, 2016 05:00

Hi, thank you very much for the reply. I bought the laptop with an international warranty. I could solve the issue that i have mentioned above. After trying for several days i could successfully fill the transfer form. now i am waiting for any reply from transfer process. Can you help me to get any information about the transfer process? It has been more than 10 days now.

4 Posts

August 16th, 2016 00:00

I hope very much that you were able to resolve the issue with the Dell. Please share your experience, particularly with Softlogic - may be they are into too many things now.

I bought mine (3 in all, one each for my wife and daughter) in the US and transferred it to SL as soon as I got back. But I had a vertical line a few months later and a few weeks ago handed over to Softlogic.

The initial response was "We do not take International Warranty items". Then they accepted on the basis that I pay for labour charges (Rs5,500).

The replacement was got from the US by them, replaced and returned withing 3 weeks. 

I later got to know that there is another/better Dell agent - Samson Infotec.

I have always bought Dell although I have been advised against it, may be next time I'll try Samson Infotec. 

Even Dell does not have Sri Lanka in their drop down menu for locations !

No Events found!