Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

October 22nd, 2003 21:00

Travel Advice Needed

I am planning on buying a 300m (maybe a 600m not sure) and it'll be used for college.  I plan on carrying it with me to classes and anywhere I need it but I need some advice.  How do you guys transport your laptop?   Do you have a seperate hand carrying case or do you have one of those backpacks with a padded area for a laptop.  I have never owned a laptop so I don't know what is the most suitable way to carry it around safely.  Anyway, any input you can provide is welcome.  Thanks

62 Posts

October 22nd, 2003 21:00

I carry mine with me to class in my backpack. It is has a paded slot for a laptop that also has a velcro strap to hold it and keep from moving around, it works good, and i have no problems having my books in there too.

59 Posts

October 23rd, 2003 00:00

Backpack all the way. Just get one with some nice padding on the bottom (or a suspended pouch which is better).  The backpack can also double as a nice travel bag for a weekend trip. 

I just ordered a 300m today..I can't wait try it out. 

October 23rd, 2003 02:00

@duffyanneal wrote:

Backpack all the way. Just get one with some nice padding on the bottom (or a suspended pouch which is better).  The backpack can also double as a nice travel bag for a weekend trip. 

I just ordered a 300m today..I can't wait try it out. 

Hey, keep me posted on how you like it once you get it

Anyway, anyone know some sites with quality backpacks that can hold laptops?

16 Posts

November 2nd, 2003 02:00

I have a laptop and a hand carrying case, somehow, even being very careful, in-transit my laptop got a small crack in the top of the case, so I would recommend the backpack.

November 2nd, 2003 12:00

Thanks,

I think I'm going to end up getting a backpack for when I use it for school but until then I'm just gonna get a cheap case to hold everything If I want to go to a friends house or something.

Message Edited by Fireballx2003 on 11-02-2003 08:43 AM

40 Posts

November 2nd, 2003 13:00

I got a backpack for my laptop. I bought mine at target actually. It is an eastpack I believe and I've never had a problem with it. It seems just fine, if treated right. Obviously you can't just drop it on the floor or anything but if you're careful it is fine. I like the backpack, it is really handy. I, like a lot of you, am a student and it can hold a few books and my laptop. Target...30 bucks. LOL

~Jas

791 Posts

November 2nd, 2003 16:00

i would go with the above advice and get a backpack.. one disadvantage of a separate carrying case is that it'll be easier to steal since people will know that you have a laptop in there.. with a backpack, it is kind of concealed and you'll always be carrying it when you are walking around.

November 2nd, 2003 18:00

@JAH234 wrote:
I got a backpack for my laptop. I bought mine at target actually. It is an eastpack I believe and I've never had a problem with it. It seems just fine, if treated right. Obviously you can't just drop it on the floor or anything but if you're careful it is fine. I like the backpack, it is really handy. I, like a lot of you, am a student and it can hold a few books and my laptop. Target...30 bucks. LOL

~Jas

Thanks, I have really looked around for any yet because the lack of the need for one right now but I know where I can find one now!  :)
No Events found!