Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

September 3rd, 2005 16:00

TrueLife™ Display

What is the difference between a TrueLife™ and ordinary display such as on an 8600?  I read DELL's little help me chose blurb and about the only thing that really shed any light was; higher contrast ratio than with a non-glare screen.  Okay so is the higher contrast ratio wirth the added glare?

How much differance is there really between TrueLife™ and ordinary display?  For both ordinary Windows apps such as browsing and office apps, and for movies?

St. John 3:16 - More than just a sign at a sports event, read it, the book, and be cool.

Dell® Inspiron® 8600
Intel® Centrino® Mobile Technology

Pentium® M Processor,1.4 GHz
15.4 in WUXGA (Wide Aspect UltraSharp® Display)
128MB nVidia® GeForce® FX Go 5650 4X AGP Graphics
512MB,DDR,333MHz
40GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
2x CD/DVD Burner (DVD+RW/+R)
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 WLAN
Dell® TrueMobile® 300 Bluetooth

September 3rd, 2005 19:00

It's a clear coating that makes everything look a bit clearer, but personall I'm not a fan, as ther is a ton of glare with the TrueLife

September 3rd, 2005 23:00

You know what we need is a light reflective display rather than these light emitting displays.  So the better lit the environment the brighter the display.  Like reading a book or paper.  Would be exceptional for outdoors use.  Think color enabled and electronically controlled etch-a-sketch.

St. John 3:16 - More than just a sign at a sports event, read it, the book, and be cool.

Dell® Inspiron® 8600
Intel® Centrino® Mobile Technology

Pentium® M Processor,1.4 GHz
15.4 in WUXGA (Wide Aspect UltraSharp® Display)
128MB nVidia® GeForce® FX Go 5650 4X AGP Graphics
512MB,DDR,333MHz
40GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
2x CD/DVD Burner (DVD+RW/+R)
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2100 WLAN
Dell® TrueMobile® 300 Bluetooth

No Events found!