Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

3 Posts

December 4th, 2008 11:00

Trying to do a system reset on an Inspiron 1300

"Hi
I have an Inspiron 1300 laptop. I want to do a to reset to original settings (as received) I have tried to do the 'press Ctrl and F11' but this doesn't want to work. I'm sure this is what I have done before but it will not work this time. I suspect that something may have infected my PC, also system restore points have all been lost! I would be very gratefull for any help you could give me.
Many thanks
Roger"

14.4K Posts

May 3rd, 2009 10:00

IF it does not work then you only option will be to do a clean install. It only takes a minor change in the MBR to render this usless.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2009 10:00

I know that the person above probably already figured it out, but this is just for those who were lost like I was trying to do a factory restore:

When you do the factory reset, you need to wait until after the boot-up screen loads first.  The Boot-up screen shows first, then the Dell screen, followed by the Windows screen.  As soon as the "Dell Screen" shows, you need to then press and hold down "Ctrl" + and keep tapping "F11" until the Symantec Ghost screen starts to boot up. You will know that you have done it right when you see a gray colored bar start to load at the bottom of the screen.  If it doesn't work the first time, you will need to try it again until you get it right. 

NOTE: You can ONLY get to this screen by letting your system completely load, then restarting.  If you try to cut the computer off using the power button, it will go to the Safemode screen, which you don't want.

Once you get to the Symantec Ghost screen, you will need to click  "Restore Original Dell Factory Settings" to take the system back to how it was when you purchased your computer.  Be sure to back up all files, pictures, songs, or anything else that you want to keep! Factory restore deletes EVERYTHING!

1 Message

August 12th, 2014 08:00

http://www.ehow.com/how_7146146_restore-inspiron-1300-factory-settings.html
No Events found!