Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2013 10:00

Turning off the Touchpad with Windows 8?

I recently downloaded Windows 8 Pro and now the  Ctrl F3 shortcut does not work for turning off the touchpad. I have a Inspiron 15R N5110. Does anybody know how to fix this or what hardware I need to fix this problem? I need to turn it off while typing. 

Thank You :emotion-1:

2 Posts

September 25th, 2013 00:00

On my Acer "E1-522" if you press the key combo as above you will turn airplane mode on. It doesn't turn of the touch pad.

2 Posts

September 25th, 2013 02:00

I found that with my Acer E1-522 that if I press Fn key + F7 that turns the touch pad on or off. good luck. Every computer has its own little quirks, eh?

November 3rd, 2014 14:00

Me too, except I am losing my mind and my wife is threatening divorce. It is stunning the number of fixes on the web that don't work. I'm wondering if there is a wire I can cut or a spot I can hit with a hammer. Who the heck ever thought a touch pad would be needed with a touch screen?

1 Message

April 15th, 2015 06:00

I have been everywhere to solve this problem.  I once had the touchpad shut off but an update kicked it back on again and now I can't shut it off.  It's driving me crazy!

1 Message

August 1st, 2016 23:00

Thank you DELL-NIKHIL.

I downloaded touchpad driver from dell support center manually. It work! I had encountered that problem nearly one month. Now solved. THANK YOU SO MUCH. :)

No Events found!