Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

March 25th, 2017 11:00

Unable to install the "new" XPS 9343 intel display driver

Hi,

Today I downloaded the "new" intel display driver (9343_Video_Driver_RTWTF_WN32_20.19.15.4531_A04) but once it is trying to install the driver it gives me an error that this driver is not made for this laptop and I have to go to the manufacturer for the driver ... well I do think I got it from the Dell support page ......

Anyone else encountered this issue and maybe have the solution?

- Tried uninstalling previous driver - no success

- Always used the dell driver

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 27th, 2017 07:00

What specific video issue were you trying to correct by installing a driver? That driver was only for Windows 8.1/10. What operating system are you running?

1 Message

March 27th, 2017 07:00

I also have this exact same issue, I am using Windows 10 PRO.  I just wanted to install the newer driver

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 27th, 2017 09:00

neil4262,

What specific video issue are you trying to correct by installing a driver?

March 27th, 2017 16:00

Hi Chris,

There wasn't a specific driver issue that I wanted to correct, I have notification set when there's new drivers for my device and received an email stating there was a new driver for the intel HD graphics card so I wanted to install this on my machine, but as I posted up there it fails to do so, again no specific issue I just like to keep my system and drivers up to date.

I'm using W10 Home edition, if you want I can send you the installation log.

4 Posts

March 28th, 2017 05:00

I also have the same issue on my E6440 with Windows 7 PRO. What is the problem?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 28th, 2017 06:00

I see. I never install a driver just because its newer. I only install a driver that addresses a specific issue. I have seen entire operating systems hosed because of a bad driver install. Anyway, you can check with Intel to see if they have a newer driver that will install.

March 28th, 2017 15:00

Well luckily never had that issue where installing new drivers would mess up my system except once for AHCI driver that I updated which gave some problems but anyway, I usually install new drivers as in general it addresses issues (bugs etc.) that maybe aren't always as obvious or noticeable. Unfortunately it is not possible to install drivers from Intel directly as those will give you an error message that you have to go to the manufacturer. Thanks for thinking along though.

Regards,

John

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 29th, 2017 06:00

I have created a troubleticket logging the issue. No ETA on a fix.

March 29th, 2017 06:00

Thanks (for listening). Could have at least left my post...it was noticed on other forums...

April 27th, 2017 16:00

Well, almost 1 month and still no update?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 13th, 2017 08:00

No news from the platform team concerning a newer driver. It is is my understanding that they rank "issues" by priority. Since this is not a catastophic issue, there are others ahead of it. As far as application performance, you are not going to see an increase by installing A04. We are talking about an onboard GPU and not a high ended discrete GPU. My advice, go back to the older driver for your operating system and just wait for Dell to push a newer driver  =

10.18.14.4112, A01, Windows 7

20.19.15.4463, A03, Windows 8.1/10

1 Message

July 8th, 2017 09:00

I went through the Dell driver selection process for my XPS 13 9343, allowing Dell to select which drivers needed updating. One of them the process picked out was the driver in question here. Yet when I tried to install it it fails, in the just manner indicated above.

Several questions:

1) Given that Dell indicated this is the driver to use, why is it not possible to install it? Is the driver selection system broken or is the driver?

2) The issue is critical -- the display intermittently gets into a mode where it turns itself off (goes black), will turn on to respond briefly (like 1 second), then turns off again. This makes the system utterly unusable. I assume installing a new driver might have a chance of fixing this problem. This is a critical problem that needs to be fixed.

3) If the driver is not the likely solution to the problem, what is?

thank you

2 Posts

September 25th, 2017 18:00

Drivers not only fix problems but can also provide performance and new features, and for whatever reason a customer may need to install drivers Dell seems to be providing a corrupt or incorrect driver this should be addressed independently of the reason users are trying to install it. If it isn't obvious I'm also getting the same error.

12 Posts

November 7th, 2017 09:00

I'm having the same problem with Dell Latitude E5550 (1st gen 2014/2015) - driver fails to install althrough it's listed as recommended in the Dell Update application.

Also there is another problem: my laptop got 2 screens connected and if I do connect to it over remote desktop (RDP) it loses the network connection and all windows are resized (it's got to be something to do with the intel driver I'm quite sure).

Right now I'm using 10.18.14.4578 driver (installed from intel.com website). I will try to revert back to the older driver (20.19.15.4483, A04) and see if it helps.

But still, would be nice to resolve this issue with driver for Win7 x64.

Basically, the driver page for VIDEO for my laptop product tag is unusable right now, because VIDEO driver fails to install.

No Events found!