Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 9th, 2013 06:00

Unable to upgrade Inspiron 1564 BIOS SW!

The SW on my bios is A06. I downloaded the A13 ( the windows executable ) and ran it as admin. A windows poped up warning that the pc would reboot after completion. I click on Flash, a CLI poped up, done a few things and showed a success message. But when I go into the BIOS, it's still ver A06. What's wrong??? By the way my os is Win 7 x64

Thanks in advance

3.8K Posts

March 14th, 2013 10:00

Hi,

You may want to try and reseat the fan again, to check if there is lose connection, before you replace the Fan. If you have an active warranty, or need a quote for the replacement, then send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend, and send me your Full Name, Service Tag, and Phone Number.

Thank you.

3.8K Posts

March 14th, 2013 06:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I recommend you try updating to A10, or A11 version first. Use the below link, and click on previous versions to download them. Note, connect your AC adapter and the battery to the system when flashing the Bios, do not shutdown the system when flashing the Bios.

http://dell.to/ZpYbKW

Thank you.

3 Posts

March 14th, 2013 07:00

Thanks for the answer. I was able to upgrade to A11, but still A13 is the stubborn one :) . Actually my problem is that after  disassembling and cleaning my laptop( for the third time in the past two years ) my system fan suddenly stops working and causes my system to overheat and I have to put the system on sleep and I think that it starts working after I slap the bottom of the laptop, where the fan is( that's why I put it on sleep, bad sectors :D). Of course my first guess is that my fan needs to be replace, and since this happened after I opened my laptop, it's far from rational that a bios update could solve it :D. But still I wanted to try it, and well, it doesn't hurt to upgrade my bios.

3 Posts

March 14th, 2013 12:00

Thanks man. Actually I reseated the fan after the incident, but no luck. Though I'll try that again before ordering anything. By the way, my warranty is long gone, and I live in a country which international transactions is almost impossible :D how good is that??? Thanks again for the help

No Events found!