Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2012 06:00

Unresponsive Touchpad

This past October I purchased the Dell Inspiron N5110.  Awesome laptop until these past couple months or so, regarding the unresponsive to skipping movement in the touchpad.  I went to the Dell Touchpad configuration and configured settings to my likings.  Still having these problems.  Is there an "At Home" fix or am I going to have to take advantage of the warranty to have it repaired??  Many thanks in advance.

14 Posts

July 22nd, 2012 09:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. I suggest you first uninstall the old driver, and then use the below link to reinstall it. To uninstall, click on start, right click on computer, click on properties, click on device manager, click on the symbol next to Pointing Devices, right click on Alps touchpad and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm. Once its removed do not restart your computer, use the below link to download and install the new touchpad drivers, and restart your computer.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Dell_Shiv_R

Dell Social Media Responder

4 Posts

July 22nd, 2012 14:00

Interesting....these forums DO NOT post the links we paste to it, see above!  Someone on Dell's end may want to report this issue?!

4 Posts

Thanks your your quick response but your link leads to "Bad Request". ??

4 Posts

Is this the link I'm looking for/need:

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

14 Posts

July 22nd, 2012 16:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Thankyou for notifying us. The link you sent is the right one, it is the Alps touch pad drive that needs to be re-installed. Regarding the link post not been directed to the website is been raised and we are also looking forward to it to have it fixed.

Thanks and Regards

Dell_Shiv_R

Dell Social Media Responder

193 Posts

July 22nd, 2012 16:00

1) If you have a newer dell diagnostics on your system, see if you have the problem there.  It is a pre-OS environment where the touchpad and mouse work.  If you do ==> Hardware problem.  If you don't ==> software.

Try safemode -- if it works there, it is probably driver related.  Also check the mouse setting in Control Panel, if the "Touchpad" options are not available, you may have to enable the "Alps" software in msconfig or install/re-install it.

No Events found!