Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

G

5 Posts

September 15th, 2008 02:00

VOSTRO 1510 - Fn Keys

Hi everybody

Mi question is simple, my vostro 1510 has combination Fn+F1, it has a "moon", I suposed it's suspend button, but i tried to configure it and just the system go to hibernation when I press it (I tried energy management properties). There's an other way to change this combination??, I want a suspension with that key

Thanks!

4 Posts

September 15th, 2008 10:00

I use AutoHotkey to map it:

SC10A::
; Call the Windows API function "SetSuspendState" to have the system suspend or hibernate.
; Windows 95/NT4: Since this function does not exist, the following call would have no effect.
; Parameter #1: Pass 1 instead of 0 to hibernate rather than suspend.
; Parameter #2: Pass 1 instead of 0 to suspend immediately rather than asking each application for permission.
; Parameter #3: Pass 1 instead of 0 to disable all wake events.
DllCall("PowrProf\SetSuspendState", "int", 0, "int", 0, "int", 0)
return

4 Posts

September 15th, 2008 15:00

I thought it´s clear: Get AutoHotKey, install it, than create a new script-file with the previous sent code, which maps FN+Moon to suspend.

5 Posts

September 15th, 2008 15:00

Thanks for your reply Vostro42, but what can I do with that?? jejeje
Message Edited by GalaxCD on 09-15-2008 11:51 AM

5 Posts

September 15th, 2008 18:00

Thanks for your solution, now it works fine!! :smileyhappy:

5 Posts

September 15th, 2008 18:00

Sorry jejeje, I wasn't think that AutoHotKey was a software jejeje, I'll try it and tell if it works, thanks

4 Posts

September 16th, 2008 06:00

Some more usefull things:

; Use NumLock as Home-Key, Pause as End-Key
SC145::Home            ; NumLock -> Home
^SC046::Send {NumLock} ; CTRL-Fn-NumLock -> NumLock
Pause::End             ; Pause -> End
; Bug on Vostro1510: CTRL-Pause gives Scan-Code for POS1
^Home::End           ; CTRL-Home -> CTRL-End

November 11th, 2008 13:00

This only works (for me) if I have Dell QuickLaunch running. This is strange, since on my Dell Precision M20 Fn+F1 and Fn+ESC work as Hibernjate and Standby respectively, without any QuickLaung (or AutoHotKey, for that matter). On my Vostro 1510 the Fn+ESC seems not to be operable at all (with or without QuickLaunch). Strange that Dell decide to drop thsi good feature...

Installing AutoHotKey? Well... i think the comp is bloated enough with unnecessary services as it is. What worked on an old Dell machine at no extra cost could and shoudl! be made to work on newer machines...

// OppfinnarJocke

No Events found!