Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2012 21:00

VOSTRO 1510 HDD PASSWORD FORGOT

DEAR FRNDS

I HAVE SOME ISSUE OF HEATING AND SHUTTING DOWN IN MY VOSTRO 1510..FOR WHICH DELL HAS REPLACED THE MOTHER BOARD PROCESSOR OF MY LAPTOP...BUT AFTER REINSTALLING NEW PARTS WHEN THE TECHNICIAN STARTED MY LAPTOP...THERE IS BLACK SCREEN WITH ENTER HDD PASSWORD....I DONOT KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED AS I HAVE NEVER ENTERED ANY PASSWORD FOR MY HARDDISC...NOW I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE IT...AS IN BIOS ALSO IT NEED HARD DISC PASSWORD....SO WHAT TO DO....ANY OPTION AS DELL IS VERY VERY SLOW IN RESOLVING THE ISSUE..

FEW ERROR CODES ARE

SYSTEM DIABLED ERROR CODE 23130

HDD PASSWORD ERROR CODE 13772

3.8K Posts

January 9th, 2012 04:00

Hi Gauravmaroo,

Welcome to the Community. You will need to call Dell Technical Support in your region, and verify ownership of the system to get the HDD password.

Thank you

Royan

January 9th, 2012 19:00

I have called and explAin 6 times to dell india but they were unable to resolve what to next

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 10th, 2012 04:00

The hard drive password, once lost cannot be recovered.  If you don't need the data on the drive, it's cheapest just to replace the hard drive.

If you do need the data on the drive, there are data recovery services that can use specialized equipment to remove the password - the cost will run $100 or more and they'll insist on verification of ownership (two:  drivesavers.com and nortek.on.ca ).

No Events found!