Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2013 06:00

Very disappointed

I would really like for everyone to know about Dell's support and lacking customer service.

In May of 2012, I received a Dell XPS laptop as a birthday present from my husband. It was working well. However, due to my own fault, its screen cracked, and I had to send it to Dell for replacement. The laptop came back in completely unworkable condition. It freezes, is unable to perform updates, disconnects from the internet constantly, and is just extremely slow. After several calls with Dell customer service, I have realized that although it is not even a year since this laptop was purchased, they will do nothing to help me without paying an additional $149 for support, although the problem obviously occurred while the computer was with Dell.

I am extremely disappointed, cannot use my new laptop, refuse to pay more money to have it fixed when it's less than a year old, and will never purchase from Dell again.

Tali Finkelstein

Brooklyn, NY

1 Message

February 21st, 2013 14:00

Don't know if this helps, but you can get a replacement screen here:

http://www.screentekinc.com/search-lcd-screen.shtml?lcds_product=Dell+XPS&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0&method=searchbox

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 21st, 2013 15:00

Tali Finkelstein,

Try running the full diagnostics and report back any error messages. How to Run the Dell™ Diagnostics Utility

Can you explain in a little better details the problems you're experiencing?

Rick

No Events found!