Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 10th, 2009 12:00

Vostro 1400 + Intel 5350/Wimax miniPCIe??

I'm looking to get my Vostro 1400 on the Clear wimax system, and do not want a USB dongle to access that service. I see that the Intel Wimax/Wifi 5350 miniPCe card supports Clear, and from what I can see from the eBay auction I want to buy the unit from, it does work with some Dell laptops.. What I'd like to know before bidding on it, is: Will it work in the WWAN slot in my Vostro 1400???

Thanks

Dave

539 Posts

October 26th, 2009 13:00

The WiMAX industry has invested in external adapters (USB and PCMCIA)

WIMAX miniPCI has little market penetration at the moment.

539 Posts

October 11th, 2009 05:00

Dig into the specs at the Intel site for dimensions & antenna wire config.

Other option is PCMcia / Express card. For an over view what's available look here:

WiMAX - pcmcia / expresscards

Cheers!

19 Posts

October 12th, 2009 09:00

Thanks for the answer.. I have looked at the Intel site for the card, but that does not tell me whether it will fit/work/electrically compatible with in a 1400... PCMCIA is not an option as the 1400 does not have a PCMCIA slot, and Express is not an option for the same reason I don't want USB.. Don't care for stuff outside the laptop, which may get bent/broken off when operated mobile.. I'd hoped to get a reply from someone who has this card installed in a 1400... Sorry to sound snotty, but I was pretty clear in what I was asking..

No Events found!