Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2016 07:00

WD15 -> XPS 12 9250: Everything seems to be working except external display (miniDP)

I recently received an XPS 12 9250 and a WD15 dock. I have followed the driver installation and troubleshooting steps as outlined in the 2 sticky posts. I have gone back and updated ALL the available drivers that are labeled "urgent" and "recommended". Everything seems to be working EXCEPT external monitors. I have 2 Dell U2414Hb monitors that are DP daisy-chained. I am using a miniDP to DP cable from the dock to the DP input on the first monitor, then a DP to DP cable from the DP output on monitor #1 to DP input on monitor #2.

Currently I have a Dell mouse and keyboard, a 1TB Western Digital external HDD, a charge/sync cable for my mobile phone, Creative Labs speakers, and a CAT5e/RJ45 ethernet cable attached and all appear to be working normally.

I would appreciate some insight.

EDIT: I should note that I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 that was working using the same monitor setup.

July 6th, 2016 09:00

Have you tried plugging in Headphones and then playing a video?  I'm currently seeing issues where the audio drops and then video is interrupted.  When i unplug the headphones, sound works fine from onboard speaker.

3 Posts

July 6th, 2016 10:00

Yes. I have speakers currently connected to the dock and videos appear to play just fine. 

73 Posts

July 9th, 2016 16:00

I don't think the WD15 supports DisplayPort MST, so you can't daisy chain monitors like that.

1 Message

August 24th, 2016 17:00

Also I have the same issue I have two monitor (DELL) with same Dockstation  and mini display port is switching intermit  I have to go to settings clone desktop and apply extend desktop again to work

2 Posts

February 14th, 2017 13:00

I can't get my monitors to display at all and they aren't detected through display settings. Audio, ethernet, and all USB ports working fine, XPS9550 charging fine, but absolutely nothing through the monitors.

I have tried plugging the monitor into my laptop directly and this works fine via HDMI. This occurred yesterday after the power was switched off to the dock and then turned back on. I have updated the intel video driver, the nvidea driver and still nothing.

No Events found!