Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 11th, 2015 07:00

WM615 Bluetooth Mouse Won't Scroll

I have a Dell WM615 Bluetooth mouse. It was working well but then stopped scrolling, i.e., nothing happens when I move my finger along the scroll strip. The keys still work fine. I've tried the scrolling in various programs and it doesn't work in any of them. I have a Dell XPS 15 and the Dell Update software says that the system is up to date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Greg Reese

4 Posts

August 14th, 2015 14:00

Thanks for your suggestions Terry, but I finally found the answer - the batteries were dying! Apparently it takes a lot more juice to run the scroll strip than the other parts of the mouse. The strip stopped working but it wasn't until a week or so later that the rest of the mouse died. I put in new batteries and now the scroll strip and the rest of the mouse work fine.

Greg Reese

4 Posts

January 4th, 2016 06:00

UPDATE

I put new batteries in my mouse and the scroll strip stopped working after six days. I got a replacement mouse (same model) from Dell and put the new batteries that came with it into the mouse. The scroll strip stopped working after eight days and the mouse died completely eleven days after that. I really recommend against buying this mouse.

Greg Reese

4 Posts

August 11th, 2015 09:00

Forgot to write that I'm on Windows 8.1

Greg Reese

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

August 11th, 2015 14:00

I suggest testing with another mouse and see if the problem continues, and verify if the problem is following the mouse or the notebook.  If there is no difference when trying another mouse you can try going into mouse properties (click start, control panel, and mouse) click the wheel tab and try adjusting vertical and horizontal scrolling and see if you can make a difference.

Unless it is with the Bluetooth software itself I am not aware of any other place to adjust mouse wheel scrolling. If you only have the problem with the Bluetooth mouse it is possible that the mouse is now defective.

TB

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

August 14th, 2015 14:00

You know when troubleshooting Bluetooth the first thing usually to ask is have you tried new batteries, and I forget to add that on my post.

I appreciate you replying and letting us know what the problem was.

TB

1 Message

August 30th, 2015 08:00

Thanks for that information. I unpack my brand new Deall Latitute and Dell WM615 Bluetooth mouse and use the batteries witch was provided in the pack. The whole installation the mouse worked well but somtime they stopped scrolling, sometime it works when I move my finger along the scroll strip. I don't expect epmty batteries in the pack but after reading the post, change the batteries, problem was solved.

It is confusing that the normal funktion works and the scolling strip sometime not. The batterie power was not in my mind for that issue.

Anyway it is as described as before, the mouse will lose the scrolling funktion first.

I guess good to know ;-)

1 Message

December 31st, 2015 23:00

I have the same issue.  I actually thought of changing the batteries.  I did exactly that and the touchwheel still doesn't operate at all.

1 Message

August 28th, 2016 17:00

I am having the same issue, will try new batteries. I am on a Dell Inspiron 15 5555 series with windows 10 

No Events found!