Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

July 25th, 2013 01:00

Water Spill. What's my warranty cover?

Hi,

my cat just spilled water on my laptop - Inspiron 15 3521. I am looking at Dell support and after entering my service tag I see that my warranty is "Limited Technical Support" and "Rapid Response Depot." I've already tried to dry out the machine, took out the battery as fast as I could after seeing the spill, and took out my hard drive(hopefully there's no damage to it). My question!- does my warranty cover this spill? What would be the best and fastest process to get my machine repaired or replaced? 

Thanks!!

1.3K Posts

July 25th, 2013 01:00

Hi Ocas2070,

Check if  your computer has Accidental Damage (Complete Care) coverage on your system. Accidental Damage (Complete Care) covers non-intentional, accidental damage. This includes damages caused by incidents such as spills, drops, electrical surges, and cracked LCDs.

If the system has accidental damage coverage, please contact me through private message by clicking on my name highlighted in blue. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information (as mentioned below) so that I may access your system records.

• System Service Tag No.:
  • Registered System Owner's Name:
  • Shipping address:
  • Telephone number/s:
  • Email address:

However, if the system does not have accidental coverage,  then you may contact our Out of Warranty Support at the link below. Check the section under Depot Repair Service.

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

Let us know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

No Events found!