Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

229 Posts

April 1st, 2005 21:00

What is Michael Dell's email address?

What is Michael Dell's email address? My problems still are not resolved and I really need a break from troubleshooting this computer.

1K Posts

April 1st, 2005 23:00

...and you think Michael Dell is going to fix it for you, OK. Bill Gates just finished helping me reinstall my operating system, and Steve Jobs called to see how my IPOD was doing.
Yeah right. Have you tried posting what your issues are in the appropriate Boards here and let some users take a swing. Kind of insulting you going over our heads like that!:smileywink:

229 Posts

April 2nd, 2005 00:00

I have been troubleshooting this for about six months now, and that means actually talking with Dell Technicians. My warranty is half gone, so I really don't want to play around. Where do I go from here? I mean, they've replaced EVERYTHING in the first computer, and when that didn't work, they replaced the entire system with a new one and it STILL is not working. What else should be done, then? Tech support can't sseem to figure it out. I was SUPPOSED to have this computer working about 7 weeks ago so another group would be able to use it, but the repairs did not work. Instead, seven weeks after the deadline, I find myself stuck and a lot of people are starting to claim Dell is no good because of what is going on.

Where else should I go to solve this?

4.4K Posts

April 2nd, 2005 01:00

I would say post your problem on the forum, there are a lot of people that could help if you only state what's up with it.

115 Posts

April 2nd, 2005 03:00

i think a lot of people would love to get their hands on Michael Dell email adress

229 Posts

April 2nd, 2005 17:00

I DID post on the forum already. In fact, I posted way back in February. Here is the message ID so you can read about it: http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_general&message.id=180711#M180711. Once you have read all the messages posted there, you will see why I am so desparate. I even tried emailing Dell about it as an 'outstanding issue' but they still wanted to troubleshoot it. If any forum moderator is reading this message, PLEASE:  do SOMETHING! If anybody else has any idea that would help, I'm open. I would like to get this solved BEFORE my warranty runs out, which is in about five and a half months.

229 Posts

April 2nd, 2005 22:00

Well, I don't think it would be an XPS gen 2. In fact, to tell you the truth, I would rather stay within the 9000 series. I will see about mailing him, but I have one other thing to take care of first.

108 Posts

April 2nd, 2005 22:00

There are times when you do need to conctact higher authorities because you exhausted other methods of solving the problem.

Anyway, Mike isn't stupid enough to give out an email address he actually checks for messages to customers. But you can write him a regular letter and send it via snail mail. I forgot the address but you can call dell and they will give it to you.

I didn't read your entire situation, but since you're under warranty they should be able to do a complete system exchange for you. If the system you have isn't available get it exchanged for the one they do have (XPS 2!)

610 Posts

April 3rd, 2005 01:00

From reading all of your posts, including the link to the older ones, I'm still unclear as to what specifically you are encountering in the way of problems. Sounds like more than one problem? Are you getting error codes, blue screens, or just random lockups? Any hardware problems that have been resolved with all of that swapping out and OS reloading? And it sounds as if you are encountering the same problems now with another enitrely different machine? Troubleshooting begins (or should) with specifics. Errors, number of occurrences, what was being done at the time, software loaded on machine, status of network, anti-virus, etc. You said you were very experienced with computers so forgive me if it seems I'm preaching to the choir but one has to start somewhere, and the middle isn't the best place. I can only think of a couple of things that are common ground between the older machine and the replacement, not including software. You may have a buggy program that you have installed into each machine. Bad power may be a problem also - is the problem localized to one building or location, and does it occur when on battery? Also, how many users are involved? Best of luck, and post back if you feel like trying to work with it.

229 Posts

April 13th, 2005 00:00

They decided to exchange the system again. This time, they are giving me an I-9200 with TONS of upgrades on it.  Hopefully, it will work properly. I'll keep you posted on it. I never could even DREAM of getting a computer with that many upgrades in it.

2 Posts

March 11th, 2015 22:00

got the same promble but they wont refund becase thatn is their police that all their can do is fix becase i got it at walmart but walmart wont take it back because dell fixn it once but two weeks later the hard drive went out again so here i sit with no comp. for my kids and they are taking classes on line  so what can be done about it ? other in sent it back every two weeks and wait 2 to 3 weeks to get it back from dell saying its fix so may i have a note from you saying thats all u can do so i can give it to my kids teachers so they will know why their cant get their homework done on time my address is <ADMIN NOTE: Address removed per privacy policy> or call me at<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!