Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

September 10th, 2009 18:00

What is the part number for this LCD cable in the Precision M6400

I am upgrading my CCFL backlit screen to the LED backlit screen. I was able to purchase the LCD, but I need the cable that connects the LCD to the motherboard. Could someone please tell me the part number so I can get it from Dell? I believe the description is something like this: Assembly,Cable,Coaxial,Liquid Crystal Display,Red/green/blueM6400

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 10th, 2009 19:00

Use the Dell part number on the screen to search for the cable - the cable you need depends on the exact model of screen you purchased.  That is, a cable for a Samsung screen won't work with a Quanta screen, etc.

If you purchased a screen not known to have been used by Dell, you're on thin ice - notebook screens aren't universally interchangeable.

7 Posts

The screen that came with my system is CCFL backlit. I bought a LED backlit screen, but not from Dell, and it doesn't come with the cable. So I need the part number for the cable that goes with the LED backlit LCD so that I can purchase it from Dell.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The cable goes with the model of the screen you purchased.

7 Posts

September 10th, 2009 21:00

Thanks for the info

It is a genuine Dell product. So are you saying Dell sells screens from different manufacturers?

4.4K Posts

September 10th, 2009 21:00

Thanks for the info

It is a genuine Dell product. So are you saying Dell sells screens from different manufacturers?

That's exactly what ejn63 is saying.  This is not unique to Dell either.

No Events found!