Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2017 11:00

Which Drivers Needed for Dell Latitude E6520

Hello there,

I just did a clean install of Windows 7 64-bit on my Latitude E6520. After trying to install the correct drivers, I seem to have triggered an infinite loop of Startup Repair, and Windows won't even start up. I think I may have installed some wrong drivers, because the problem started after I finished installing the drivers. Ran the hardware diagnostic and no problems were found. 

Can anyone point me to which drivers I need upon a clean install? Below is the link to Dell's drivers for my laptops, but I just want to confirm which exact ones I need for my laptop, since there are so many versions:

www.dell.com/.../advanced

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

January 13th, 2017 08:00

Hi KeithKay,

Thanks for posting.

You can find the drivers by clicking the same link, click Drivers and Downloads, then Find it Myself, then click Service Tag and enter your Service Tag.  Then you will see the exact drivers for your system.

7 Posts

February 13th, 2017 21:00

Hi Robert,

I am having some trouble installing the drivers still. The drivers are actually working, but my laptop seems to mess up once they are installed.

Attempt 1: Install the drivers manually in what I believe was the correct order. After they were installed, my Latitude kept starting up the StartUp Repair and it was looping. Windows was never able to start up.

Attempt 2: Downloaded all missing drivers from the Dell Website by using the "Detect Product" function. It downloaded all the drivers, but when I restart my laptop, Windows never starts up. It was just a blank screen the entire time.

I have already tried to do a full Hardware Diagnostic (by pushing f12 on startup window), and there were no issues that were found. Any idea what may be going on?

Thanks!

No Events found!