Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2016 18:00

Which Ram is faster?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 26th, 2016 04:00

The second is the faster RAM but if your system uses 1600 RAM they'll run at the same speed.

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2016 20:00

I bought 2 sticks of the second type (16gb total) and don't see much of a difference then  the 4gb I had in it before!  Oh yeah, it seems a little faster.  But I thought it would be smoking faster (you know, when changing (cashed) web pages  or accessing new websites. 

Perhaps the only way of noticing the difference would be when I have multiple applications running or when I'm streaming some video. 

No worrries tho, price was right and now I'm maxed out.

9 Legend

• 

16.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2016 07:00

RAM doesn't necessarily make your computer faster. It lets you do more stuff at once without having to cache data to disk, so the more stuff you are doing or have open, the faster it will "feel", because doing those things doesn't require disk access, which is much slower than RAM access.

You want "smoking faster" ... upgrade to a solid state drive (SSD).

79 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 10:00

is 4 gb all that this computer will hold if it will take more then put the max it will take you have to think the ram itself may be a small amount faster but you are putting the same capacity as far as gb so that wont change that much the more you have the faster your computer will be. and also you have to think about the speed of your cpu as well you may look into upgrading that . some laptops have a socket for cpu that can take a little bt faster one than what it came with. go on cpu-world.com and see if you can find yours and see what is compataible as far as a bit faster it has to use the same amount of power or it wont work.

No Events found!