Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

AU

November 20th, 2016 03:00

Which power supply is supported on Inspiron 17-5758?

The subject says it all. I have been unable to find out what power supplies match my laptop. Anybody knows, or knows where to find such information?

November 20th, 2016 19:00

Hi Berndbausch

Thanks for writing to us.

The Inspiron™ 5758/17 goes with with 45 W 3-Pin AC adapter for systems with integrated graphics and 65 W 3-Pin AC adapter for systems with discrete graphics.

Do provide us the system tag# and also confirm the name the system is registered under. Let us

know the contact number and email address.

Regards

November 22nd, 2016 20:00

Hemalatha, thanks, this helps. I suppose that my system has integrated graphics, since it came with a 45W adapter. How can I check this?

I want to exchange the adapter because the PC doesn't charge the battery anymore and is very slow, which indicates that the third pin in the adapter or in the PC has a problem.

The service tag is . Since I bought the laptop at an auction, I don't know under which name it is registered; perhaps I registered it under Bernd Bausch. I hesitate broadcasting my email and phone number on a public forum.

Bernd

November 22nd, 2016 20:00

What confuses me: Dell in Japan sells two 65W adapters and one 45W adapter. The website doesn't mention my PC as being compatible. One of the 65W adapters is the cheapest of all three <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>  Is it safe to buy it?

November 23rd, 2016 21:00

Hi Nice to hear from you. You can go to system information and check the graphics option if it says Intel its integrated. Usually we don't recommend using a higher watt adapter than what's recommended and provided with the machine originally. The part# for the 45w can be found on the brick itself it starts with CN-0XXXX . Where in XXXX is the Dell part#. Click on my name in blue and select send a private message to send us the tag# once again.

No Events found!