Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 11th, 2012 14:00

Why Dell is not solving Inspiron N5110 Display Issue on Windows 8 Professional ?

Hello,

Why Dell is so un-responsible on the issue regarding the Dell N5110, All users of that laptop are really feeling bad about Dell company, i m really hating my laptop that windows 8 professional is not getting run on my laptop, Always screen goes black after installation is complete, Why Dell is not releasing the Drivers or Bios to solve this issue ? whats going on ? All other laptops having Intel HD 3000 Display working windows 8 like charme only the issue is with Dell Inspiron N5110, I m currently using windows 8 professional by disabled intel HD from Device manager and at low screen resolution of 1024, very bad look, Its almost month past and Dell is not giving any response on this issue. I m requesting from the Dell please to release the Display Driver or solution so we can see the Quality view of windows 8, i have purchased the licensed version of windows 8 and it is very bad that my laptop is not running it correctly.... Please do something its too much............ Or Get back your product and refund my money please so i can go with a hp or lenovo to run windows 8.....

3 Posts

September 25th, 2012 09:00

Issue already solved from Dell inspiron n5110 Series, Follow the step to get your screen at better resolution....

1. Install Windows 8 Pro

2. Use External Monitor to View the Screen of Windows 8 After Installation or Run in Safe Mode To Access Windows 8 at Low Screen Resolution

3. Download the Bios Driver (New one) for your Laptop from Dell.com website,

4. Install the Bios ( Remember to connect the AC and DC )

5. Once Bios Installed and system Restarted you can disconnect the External Monitor if you did attached

6. That is Done, Now you have a Windows 8 in your Dell inspiron n5110

Issue Founded By OvalFox

7 Posts

September 25th, 2012 08:00

I am also looking for an update

7 Posts

September 25th, 2012 14:00

This worked perfect for me, thank you!!!

1 Message

October 4th, 2012 07:00

1- i have made update for BIOS 

2- But i have a problem that when i connect AC adapter to laptop , laptop is Stop Working and try to restart the lap but can't get in at all

when disconnect the AC Adapter the lap work

Need help for this problem

this problem is not exist when i use windows 7

November 4th, 2012 03:00

Can you please provide us the link for new bios.

1 Message

November 8th, 2012 01:00

I have the same problem too. There is a problem with the laptop and Dell is not responding to it they are telling that we do not support windows 8. Never expected such replies from Dell. They are being very unprofessional and we should make sure that they actually sort this out.

Laptop freezes the moment the AC power is on, even a layman can say that there is a problem with hardware and OS compatibility. I am in touch with Microsoft people and even they say there is the problem in the laptop

1 Message

November 11th, 2012 23:00

Hi,

I am using Dell Inspiron N5110. I have resolved the display issue but Windows 8 cannot allow us to change the resolution, Bios and Display driver is updated.

Can anyone help us to resolve the said matter.

Regards,

Kamran  

12 Posts

February 8th, 2013 11:00

i downloaded bios update, connect to external display, the flash begin and after some sec it freeze and my computer wan't start again

help me plz nothing apear in my laptop

1 Message

March 28th, 2013 02:00

pliz dell help us because this problem is realy sweeping away the brand name and your market in our country we need instant help or else we may be forced to resort to other brands.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 28th, 2013 03:00

Hi ssansa,

I would like to know the steps you have performed on the system to troubleshoot the issue. Please send me a private message with the computer's service tag. To send a private message, click on my name and select start conversation.

1 Message

May 31st, 2013 23:00

please tell me friend that what is AC DC  problem and how it can be fixed because i am facing the same problem of installing windows 8 in my dell n 5110 core i3

1 Message

August 17th, 2013 02:00

I have purchased Dell Inspiron 15R N5110  just  two years back and Screen  flicking problem raised  while watching movie and till date same issue 

I tried external monitor it is working smooth no problem. In just two years and my configuration is i5 4GB RAM ,2 GB Graphics Card ,500 GB but not satisfied with speed even i3 working faster than i5 in my laptop case.

what should i do to resolve issue.

Regards,

SandipH

November 14th, 2013 16:00

I also have been having same problem, i installed windows 8 many times but same problem, if you have windows 7 installed then just install latest BIOS version and install windows 8. yesterday i updated BIOS driver to latest version on windows 7 and then installed windows 8 and its working very good.

November 14th, 2013 16:00

I also have been having same problem, i installed windows 8 many times but same problem, if you have windows 7 installed then just install latest BIOS version and install windows 8. yesterday i updated BIOS driver to latest version on windows 7 and then installed windows 8 and its working very good.

No Events found!