Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

May 22nd, 2013 21:00

Why is there no Dell Inspiron i13z-3636sLV User’s Guide and Manual online?

Why is there no Dell Inspiron i13z-3636sLV User’s Guide and Manual online? Does this laptop have headphone jack and Windows 8 touch screen capability ? Thank you for your answer.

1.5K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 00:00

Hi compiler,

Welcome to the community.

Please let us know the correct model number for the system so we can provide you with the information. Below are the different system model available with us:

Inspiron 13z (N311Z)

Inspiron 13Z 5323

Inspiron 13z N301Z

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

14 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 08:00

I have already told you the model number Dell inspiron i13Z-3636sLV. You copied the model number from your website but my laptop model number is not on the Dell website. That is why you could not see it. It indicates the Dell online Support is very poor. They have their produts in the market but do not provide the supporting documents to every product.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 09:00

It's just a sub-model of the 5323.

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-13z-5323

1.5K Posts

May 28th, 2013 02:00

Hi compiler,

Thanks for your reply. "Dell inspiron i13Z-3636sLV" is not a dell model number. This number is provided by the system resellers.

This system doesn't come with a touch screen facility. It does have a audio jack and kindly check the picture below for the same:

You can download the manual for the system from the link provided by ejn63.

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 19:00

Microsoft doesn't permit OEMs to ship Windows 8 discs.  You can prepare a set of Windows 8 recovery discs using the Dell Datasafe utility - you'll need a few blank DVDs or a 16G or larger flash drive.

14 Posts

May 29th, 2013 19:00

I could not see the model number inspiron 5323 until I opened the box, that is on the back of the laptop. I do not know why the model cannot be on the package. Hopefully the Dell can improve it by the use of the model matched box to pack the computer.

After I opened the box, there is only one driver and software reinstallation disc. Where is the Windows 8 disc? If the user has to reinstall the Windows 8, how can s/he do? Please provide the guidance to reinstall the operating system. Thanks.

1.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 00:00

Hi compiler,

Model numbers are located on the system only. As most 15'" and 17" inch laptop comes in a same box. And model numbers keeps getting updated periodically. So, practically it is not possible to have a different box for every model.

You can use Dell Backup and Recovery software to make a backup which you can use to re-install windows later. Please check the link below which would be helpful for you:

http://dell.to/ZQdImt

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

14 Posts

May 30th, 2013 16:00

I still think it does not make sense the package should not have a model number outside. For example, how the users check the computer specifications before buying/opening the box without knowing the model number? When you buy electronics, we are able to see the model number on the box, right?

I have a follow up question about reset the computer to the factory setting. After I did the Recovery to the Factory Image, I noticed I still need to enter the password to login. It does not make sense. To recovery to the factory image means wipe out all date. The computer should be like a new one. Can you tell me how to restore the computer to the factory settings in Windows 8 that will wipe out ALL data including the account I created before?

1.5K Posts

June 2nd, 2013 03:00

Hi compiler,

Thanks for your reply. We truly value feedback and suggestions of our customer and try to achieve better products and services. You can put this suggestion onto our website below:

http://www.ideastorm.com/

Please check two video below which shows how you can make a backup and restore factory settings on the system if required in future:

Backup

Restore

Thanks and Regards
Sandeep P
#iworkfordell

No Events found!