Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2015 09:00

Wifi doesn't work with new card, inspirion 5520 with win7

I tried drivers first then put in a new wifi card and still don't get a wireless connection.  It doesn't even recognize any of the local connections.  What next?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 2nd, 2015 17:00

Hi keithcoug,

First we will need to check if the drivers are installed for the Wireless card. Please reply us with the snapshot of the Network adapters expanded in the device manger.

Also, let me know the Wireless card configured on the system.

2 Posts

June 2nd, 2015 20:00

Thank you.  I thought I could figure it out.  Replaced the WLAN chip with the exact same one thinking that was it.  What information do you need from the chip?  Here's a couple of snips of the driver.  Let me know what else I can provide to help.  It's a lightly used computer and new enough that I wouldn't think we should be having these problems and need it wireless for use in an old house we're restoring with only one internet point and wireless router.  Thanks.  Keith, couldn't figure out this format how to add other snip.  Let me know if you want my other screen shot.  TY

1 Attachment

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 9th, 2015 18:00

Hi Keithcoug,

The wireless card drivers are not installed on the system. You will need to reinstall it. Please let me know the wireless card model so that I can check and provide you the driver.

No Events found!