Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2013 11:00

Window 7 install error message can not install on this hardware E6500 Latitude

Ok, my laptop hard drive went bad and now i've replaced the drive and trying desperately to install windows 7.  It goes through the entire install process and when it's done and restarts i get the error message "that it can not install on this hardware".  What the heck is the problem.  The entire install seems to go through but the restart/reboot I keep getting this error.  I even went and tried to install Vista which the computer came with and the same issue.  

Does anyone know how to get ANY OS on this thing?  I need to get this laptop working asap and i've wasted so much time on something that should have taken 30 mins install time and prob 5 mins of my actual time.  I've been looking on the net and cant find anything that actually works.  Hopefully someone here has gone through this and has some kind of idea of what to do.  This should be simple and I really frustrated to the max at this point.

Thanks,

Rodney

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

You really should learn to Google.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466753

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

7 Posts

I just tried reinstalling win7 and I forgot to mention that I get this message right after the install is finished.

"Windows setup could not configure Windows to run on this computers's hardware".

After this I reboot and windows is starting then I get this message.

"Windows could not complete the installation.  To install windows on this computer, restart the installation".

I reboot again and now get "start up is starting services" on the splash screen.

Someone have any idea what I need to do to get this working again???? :emotion-7:

7 Posts

October 27th, 2013 18:00

Thanks for the response...I did google and have been googling all week.  I've read almost every post I could find even remotely relating to this issue and I've even gone through the MS link you posted before posting here earlier in the week.  I don't seem to have that file  %systemroot%\Panther that I need.  Also, it keeps installing on "D" for some reason and not C as it normally would.  I ended up going to intel and downloading the newest file but im still getting the same error messages.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 27th, 2013 18:00

Since you say you have the Windows 7 DVD, I'd wipe that hard drive first using something like DBAN since it sounds like it isn't a "clean" hard drive.

7 Posts

October 27th, 2013 19:00

Yes I have win7 prof and I've deleted partitions and formatted the drive.  I now have it loading to C and applied the intel driver but still getting the same messages.  I was now able to go through the MS check and I do have the paths that they are looking for which i was previously not able to find.  This is a new drive since the previous drive went bad.  Should I look for a drive that doesn't have this issue (i.e.: older SATA if that's even possible).  I am really pretty frustrated with this since I've spent a good portion of my day fooling with something that should take no time to complete.

Thanks for the help.

7 Posts

October 27th, 2013 20:00

Well I finally got it to load without errors!!!

Thank God bc I was just about to throw this thing over my back fence...lol.  I really don't know what did it bc I just did the same thing with the intel driver and it just finally finished with no errors.  I guess whatever the issue was it corrected itself or for whatever reason pushed past the issue and loaded correctly.

Thanks for all your help :emotion-21:

1 Message

May 1st, 2014 01:00

Hi,

Please change SATA operation from Raid on to AHCI in bios settings.

It worked for me. :)

No Events found!