Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2013 17:00

Windows 7 installtion issue on dell d620

hi, i recently purchased a dell latitude d620 with came with windows xp professional installed,i wanted to install windows 7 and while installtion is expandind the file there is an error file missing, thinking that there is an issue in cd i changed several win7 installtion disk, even then the same isue, so i removed the hardisk of the laptop installed it into another machine, and tried windows 7 which installed succesfully, and then again i removed the harddisk and fixed it on to my dell d620 ,then when windows logo is loading there is a blue screen and system restarts, i have my bios updated till a10, no solution. please help me out. thanks in advance

1.3K Posts

March 7th, 2013 23:00

Hi naazirnizam,

Please record the DVD media at the SLOWEST possible speed aka 1X or 2X DVD speed. You could also find similar post below.

commweb-ps3.us.dell.com/.../19441495.aspx

1.3K Posts

March 12th, 2013 01:00

Hi naazirnizam,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post.

March 12th, 2013 09:00

hey there iam sorry for the delay, I replied the following day but, the email failed, thank you very much. the issue was in the o/s I reburned another copy at the speed 2x and made it successfully installed, of course windows 8 runs smooth on this thanks alot:emotion-2:

No Events found!