Wondered if anyone has any ideas to solve an issue I am having. Unable to get the Dell Recovery & Restore process to get past the Backup and Migration phase.
- Dell Laptop with Windows 8
- Laptop "contracted" a UKash Ransom Malware through a fake Flash/Java update
- When trying to set the safe mode boot for Windows 8, at the MSCONFIG checkbox step, the laptop "crashed" and rebooted
- Now unable to get into windows, suspecting the partial safe boot mode setup steps
- F8 or Shift F8 do no work or provide any boot menu options
- attempted to clean malware with Kaspersky Rescue CD and after 2 hours only 2000 "infected" files were cleaned and thousands more to still be cleaned but it seems they are not able to "cleaned" but the rescue CD
- Obtained Recovery & Restore USB from Dell but at the Backup & Migration phase the laptop reboots never completing the process.
What I have tried and have not worked
- finding registry options to try and get back into windows
- tried to find options to get safe boot to be enabled without getting into windows
- tried to use Windows 7 recovery disks to resolve the safe boot steps
Appreciate any recommendations or thoughts.