Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2016 09:00

Wireless on XPS L502X

Good Day All,

I did some digging on the forum but was unable to find the information I was looking for. I upgraded my Dell XPS L502X to Windows 10 and all seemed fine. Little quirks but no show stoppers. Then I discovered that I cannot turn on my wireless card - and Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030. I found out later that there are no Dell Win 10 drivers available. Not good for me. I have a couple of questions for anyone out there if they have overcome this obstacle.

Q1 - Are there windows 8 - 8.1 drivers for the system that will allow the card to work under Win 10? if so, what is the best way to install them (I upgraded from Win 7)?

Q2 - Has anyone had success with the L502X hardware (wireless card, quickset and other functions) in a clean install? My concern with a clean install would be the functionalities that the system has under Windows 7 - Keyboard audio etc. I have a copied all the win 7 drivers for the given components but are there "better" Win 8 drivers to use for them during a clean install?

Q3 - If the wireless card remains the only issue, does anyone know which wireless cards will work with the L502X and Win 10 that I can purchase and replace the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 card that I currently have in the system?

The laptop works fine and I don't want/need to replace it. Would really like to restore the functionality and use Win 10 on it if possible.

Thanks to all in advance for any help or insight they can offer.

Cheers
Grant

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 8th, 2016 16:00

34 Posts

August 9th, 2016 16:00

Thanks but it did not work. It says that there is something wrong with the install package.

No Events found!