Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 9th, 2015 16:00

XPS 12 Cypress Trackpad Driver for Windows 10?

I have an XPS 12 (9Q23, Late 2012) and I update it to Windows 10 Technical Preview almost a year ago.  It currently works very well except for one key feature... the trackpad (touchpad).

If I install the Cypress Trackpad driver for Windows 8.1 through the Dell support page for my model, it doesn't work properly and it floods my "Event Viewer" with errors.

I just keep the driver uninstalled and I'm left with a dump trackpad that only tracks and clicks with the physical button.  No tapping, no scolling, no guestures.

I have been very patient for a long time assuming that you must be working on Windows 10 compatible drivers for this laptop, but now it's gettting close to the official release of Windows 10 and still no updates in the driver download page.

If you have an alpha or beta version of the driver, I would be more than willing to test it out.  I just really miss being able to 2-finger scroll.

Thanks!

5 Posts

July 30th, 2015 00:00

Hovering over the egg651's link on a laptop browser gave me the link below. I can confirm the 5.5.1.59  driver works!dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/.../dell-touchpad-drivers

July 30th, 2015 16:00

I can also confirm that the Cypress Touchpad 5.5.1.59 from...

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/driver-sets/dell-touchpad-drivers/

...does work!

The interesting thing is that I have downloaded that exact same file from that exact same website before and tried it then and it didn't work at the time, so I uninstalled it.

But today, I just installed the same file that I had downloaded a month and a half ago and this time it is working.  There must have been something to do with the last Windows Update that now allows that version to work!  Yay!

Thanks for your help, everyone!

- Nate Kinkead
http://kinkeadtech.com

1 Message

August 8th, 2015 06:00

It works perfect

June 10th, 2015 05:00

Hi, 

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Unfortunately, the Windows 10 drivers for XPS 12 are not available at the moment. Request you to check our support site periodically for more updates. 

I would suggest you to install the Windows 8.1 touch-pad driver in compatibility mode. If there are still issues, we would have to wait for the Windows 10 drivers to be released. 

July 26th, 2015 19:00

Hello. When will Dell make Windows 10 driers available for this model? We are only days away from the official public launch. While the latest preview build has been working great  on my XPS, the track pad is still a real problem.  The Cypress drive installs fine but non of the multi finger gestures function. For example, I cannot use two fingers to scroll a web page.   I keep the Cypress system tray icon docked where I can always see it. When I have a single finger touching a white dot appears. As soon as I have 2 or more fingers touching a blue dot is shown.  The hardware seems to be working, however it appears that the commands are not being passed properly to Windows 10.

1 Message

July 27th, 2015 06:00

Dell Support Team,
I've got the same question as the other users posting.

Windows 10 is now only 2 days away from public launch (i've reserved my upgrade) my hardware is listed as compatible.  However, no solution has been offered for Cypress TrackPad driver/software.

Please respond ASAP.

thanks and kind regards,
KD

5 Posts

July 27th, 2015 20:00

I too would like to ask when the drivers will become available? No driver makes this trackpad near worthless.

4 Posts

July 28th, 2015 13:00

I agree.  Not even having the ability to scroll the page is very frustrating! Since 10 launches tomorrow I'd hope Dell would be close to having a driver ready!

1 Message

July 28th, 2015 16:00

I have the exact same problem. The driver needs an update to allow for multi-finger gestures to be recognized in Windows 10.

2 Posts

July 29th, 2015 04:00

Nope, still nothing. Wish I'd found this thread before I 'upgraded' to 10. Rolled back my driver though so at least I have click and drag back. 

5 Posts

July 29th, 2015 07:00

The driver page finally lists windows 10 as in OS choice but nothing is under it. Hopefully this gets updated

July 29th, 2015 14:00

All versions of the XPS 12 are listed as "tested for Windows 10".  Where are the drivers?

www.dell.com/.../SLN297954

3 Posts

July 29th, 2015 16:00

Dell it's launch day for windows 10 and still no solution?? The track pad doesn't work???? I only upgraded because you listed the system as compatible???? IF FEATURES NO LONGER WORK THEN IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE!!!!! Please fix it or tell me how to revert to 8.1 

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 17:00

Just updated to Windows 10 today and ran in to this issue. After giving up on and uninstalling the drivers available on the XPS 12 download page, I took a punt with these Cypress drivers. I was pleasantly surprised when I rebooted to find fully functioning trackpad.

I can't promise it'll work for you but it might be worth a try.

3 Posts

July 29th, 2015 22:00

Adding another dissatisfied voice to the list of those using and XPS 12 with Windows 10 and no touchpad gestures. I hope dell gets a fix to this asap, since the XPS 12 is clearly *NOT* compatible yet.

No Events found!