Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 7th, 2013 17:00

XPS 12 - anyone know how to permanently disable the standard On Screen Keyboard (a.k.a. Touch Keyboard).

I prefer the Comfort On Screen Keyboard Pro and have installed it. After every sleep or reboot I have to manually disable the standard Touch Keyboard from  Toolbar entry on the Taskbar.

1.3K Posts

March 8th, 2013 04:00

Hi johnwprice,

Go to Control Panel -> Ease of Access -> Ease of Access Center -> “Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard” and uncheck the “Use On-Screen Keyboard" option and click Ok.

Then, click on “Change administrative settings" options and check the "Apply all settings to the logon desktop" and press Apply.

3 Posts

March 8th, 2013 05:00

Thank you Harish - but I can't find the "Change administrative settings" option.  I do have a "Change sign-in settings" . It has a "Type without the keyboard (On-Screen Keyboard)" option that can be checked for "At sign-in" and/or "After sign-in". These are unchecked. Still have not found the "Apply all settings to the logon desktop".

3 Posts

March 8th, 2013 05:00

After doing a restart - the issue seems to be resolved.

Thank you again.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2016 16:00

Where can I find "Administrative settings"? I dont see this anywhere. I'm using Windows 10.

No Events found!