Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

February 3rd, 2015 06:00

XPS 13 (2015) brightness issues

Has anyone else experienced going from a darker webpage to a lighter one, like google that the brightness takes about 5 seconds to readjust?

Never seen this on any other laptop or monitor, kind of annoying and wondering if I should return this laptop.

3 Posts

June 10th, 2015 08:00

I have a new XPS 13 9343 and this adaptive brightness has me about to return the otherwise great machine. Are there any updates?

June 10th, 2015 15:00

You just have to get used to it man

3 Posts

June 10th, 2015 17:00

To quote you from a few weeks ago Mr. popcrnchicken: "I hope they are. The auto-brightness is driving me nuts!" :)

If not they will lose this customer...

June 10th, 2015 23:00

Just gotta hope for the best

1 Message

July 7th, 2015 05:00

C'mon Dell, please fix this bug ASAP.

As a coder I switch between dark-backgrounded IDE and Chrome very often, and the adaptive brightness make the contrast unacceptable and burning my eyes.

3 Posts

August 7th, 2015 10:00

It also makes the laptop impossible to use for photo/video editing. A great laptop, potentially, but ruined by this bug.

I have had to return mine; it's just unusable for my intended purposes. A real shame.

1 Message

November 19th, 2015 16:00

This issue is even persisting in the NEW XPS 13 Sky Lake version.  I have been trying to find a fix just like everyone else but did not success. 

This screen adaptive brightness is really really annoying !!

Dell should provide a fix in the BIOS to run this stupid thing OFF for good.

It is annoying so many customers, if it wasn't for this, I would recommend the product to other people but this is holding up my recommendations. 

The adaptive brightness should work the other way around, and ideally provide fine-tuning knobs in the BIOS so users can test different threshold settings, as well as the trigger (e.g. from dark to white background or vice versa).

Anyway just another very frustrating NEW customer.

Way to go, Dell !!

No Events found!