Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2016 15:00

XPS 13 2015 on Windows 10 - Gray and black vertical lines screen flashing after wake up from sleep

I just got my XPS 13 2015 about 1 month ago and just recently updated my BIOS to the newest version, ran the short 10 minute diagnostic test, extended battery and extended video card diagnostic (all passed).

My problem is the appearance of gray and black vertical lines screen flashing after wake up from sleep. This occurred after I put my computer to sleep with my monitor still plugged into the computer. I thought it was a result or associated to having my monitor being plugged in but the problem is no longer isolated to when my projector is plugged in. Now anytime I put my computer to sleep (via power button, close lid, or windows task bar power option) upon wake up I get this gray and black vertical lines flashing screen. The only way I can get out of this flashing screen is by pressing or holding enter a few times so that my computer thinks I attempted to enter a pin code. I've noticed I don't see the lock screen anymore, maybe it has something to do with this?

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions about this problem or any updates that might fix this problem? 

I can get out of this flashing screen but I hope to get it resolved. I am afraid this problem is bigger than may seem to my knowledge, so if there is a bigger problem I hope to identify and fix it.  

Thank you in advance

No Responses!
No Events found!