Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 8th, 2015 22:00

XPS 13 (9343) - Bluetooth not connecting with Big Jambox and Sol Tracks Air

I have a few bluetooth devices and the XPS 13 connects reliably with an Aftershokz Bluez 2 headphones and an iHome iBT69 speaker but will not connect with a Sol Tracks Air headphone and what I use most, the Jawbone BIG Jambox.  

This is really frustrating.  I've updated all drivers and nothing helped.  Does anyone have a solution?  Even my cheap Chromebook works flawlessly with all my BT devices.   

9.4K Posts

September 9th, 2015 12:00

Hi UserM4,

Thanks for posting on the Dell Forum.

In researching this topic I found the following information:

Big Jambox Speaker:

• If the BIG JAMBOX is not being detected by the device, try a soft reset on the device. For iOS devices, press and hold the home and sleep button until the Apple symbol appears. For non-iOS devices, remove and replace the battery or power cycle your device, but please consult the manufacturer if unsure. If the BIG JAMBOX is still not being detected, try to detect it with a different device to determine if the problem is with the BIG JAMBOX or with the device.
  • If the devices have never been used together, they need to be paired.
  1. Once BIG JAMBOX is turned on, press and hold the Pairing button on the BIG JAMBOX. The LED will begin to flash red and white, and the speaker will announce it has entered pairing mode after a few seconds.
  2. Open the Bluetooth feature on the device, and ensure it’s turned on.
  3. Search or scan for a new device.
  4. If necessary, approve the pairing and connection by selecting the BIG JAMBOX from the list of available devices.
  • If this issue occurred suddenly, and the devices have been used together successfully in the past, try power cycling both devices. If Bluetooth is enabled and the devices are paired and in range they will connect automatically.

If BIG JAMBOX is still not pairing, please contact Jawbone.  https://help.jawbone.com/articles/en_US/PKB_Article/pairing-issues-bigjambox

For the Sol Tracks Air:

http://solrepublic.com/connect?_ga=1.168074916.449326466.1441822183

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!