Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Y

October 22nd, 2015 21:00

XPS 13 (9343) Touchpad stops working

Now that the video flickering issue has been resolved, I am now frequently encountering a very frustrating problem with my new XPS 13 (9343).   If I stop using the touchpad for a few minutes (not sure how many, sometimes it's 1 or 2, sometimes its 30), then mouse pointer disappears completely and the touchpad does not respond.  I can click, swipe, tap, etc. but there is no pointer.  When it happens I am forced to use the touch screen to shut down the machine and restart it so I can get the touchpad and pointer to work again.  Has anyone else encountered this problem? 

3 Posts

November 13th, 2015 08:00

I have the same problem. I am using Windows 10 Pro. I have tried every touchpad driver version I could find with no luck. I am currently using this driver: Cypress Semiconductor, Inc, dated 6/24/2015, version 2.5.1.72.

I often find it happening when playing a youtube video or something like that, but that's probably just because I don't use the trackpad for a few minutes while watching the video.

When it happens the mouse pointer is either completely gone, or it is "frozen" in some random position on the screen and the trackpad is not moving it. It happens once or twice a day for me, and I then restart the PC to fix - annoying.

I feel 99% certain that it is a driver issue - and that no driver has been created for the Cypress Trackpad in the PC that actually works in Windows 10. If anybody know of a driver that actually works I'd love to get the details.

January 16th, 2016 11:00

*** BUMP ***

C'mon Dell please fix this.  It's getting super annoying.  The touchpad just stops working out of the blue and the only way to resolve it is to reboot our use the touch screen to open the settings menu, select "Devices" then select "Mouse &Touchpad" and then turn off the touchpad and turn it back on for it work.   It's definitely a driver issue.  It's the only explanation for the touchpad just stopping.

January 21st, 2016 07:00

Same problem as above.  Noted that the Ubuntu guys have threads on launchpad and are working actively to fix it for Linux.

We need a solution from Dell for Windows 10.  I bought this laptop for personal use, instead a Macbook Air - we use Dell for all our work laptops and they have been well supported.  I honestly regret my decision.  

It's unfortunate that this system has so many bugs and Dell is so slow (or not responsive) on the issues - mostly around touchscreen and trackpad drivers.

Please fix ASAP Dell!  We know you're busy trying to grow your business and acquire other companies but please support your base and your brand!

1 Message

October 10th, 2016 01:00

Did anyone discover a workaround to this? I'm running a fully updated XPS 9350 and having the same issue with my touchpad. It's using the Microsoft driver that came installed on the machine from the factory. The cursor will freeze in place randomly, or sometimes the cursor will disappear (I'm still able to click with the mouse buttons and use the system normally with the touch screen).

No Events found!