Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 16th, 2016 08:00

XPS 13 9350 QHD CABC won't disable

Hello there.  I have a new XPS 13 9350, with current BIOS 1.4.4 and current Intel video drivers.  I can go into advanced settings and disable the CABC settings but this does nothing.

I saw the patch/fix for this, released earlier this year, and downloaded it.  However, on running it, it keeps saying I don't have the current video drivers so it won't execute. I have gone to Dell to ensure I do have the latest.

Within the patch/fix download I did find the CABC 'disable' file and ran it independent of the installer, and it instantly brightened my screen with no CABC issues but I couldn't turn up or down the screen intensity any longer, and it was actually TOO bright, so I rolled back to the previous setting. 

I don't see many people with this issue and it's annoying.  Any ideas as to how to disable CABC once and for all??

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

QHD+ screen, I7 and 16 GB RAM

Intel Iris display 540 driver 20.19.15.4483

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 17th, 2016 09:00

4 Posts

September 17th, 2016 17:00

Solved! If anyone else is having issues try this slightly different Dell fix:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=513GY&fileId=3527558151&osCode=WT64A&productCode=xps-13-9350-laptop&languageCode=en&categoryId=AP

It released in March 2016 as opposed to the 9350 specific fix in April 2016 that produces driver errors and won't install.  This one installs with no issues, letting me keep the drivers current.

Thanks for helping and good luck!  The screen is WAY brighter, consistent, and have control over the brightness slider.

4 Posts

September 17th, 2016 17:00

Yes, unfortunately I tried that file.  It won't let me start the install as it says my video drivers aren't current through they are.  I've even tried to load the previous drivers available at the time of the fix, but it says my hardware doesn't meet the requirements.  It's pretty frustrating.  As mentioned, I can find the 'disable' patch in the file you referenced and it does work - it shuts off the CABC if I just run it independent of the installer.  But the screen is SO bright and I lose the ability to reduce the screen brightness.  Any other ideas?

No Events found!