Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

August 5th, 2017 20:00

XPS-13 9350, QHD+, Iris 540 Graphics Card. Suggestions for Intel Graphics Control Panel SETTINGS ??

hello everybody, my name is Brian, I own a dell xps 13 (9350) purchased in 2017, but its the 2016 model with intel iris 540 graphics, its also the model with the QHD+ touch-screen, 3200x1800 resolution.

not sure if it matters what else the system has spec-wise, but ill include that also.

My question is in regards to the colors, and what this screen is producing picture/video quality-wise when I'm viewing colorful photos, or watching videos with colors on youtube;

I've watched quite a handful of videos on youtube about the dell xps 13, and a lot of them suggest that this laptop comes "a touch off" in terms of color gamma and/or color accuracy - whatever that means, but they say the xps 13 out of the box, with no settings adjusted other than what dell and intel have done, that the color and screen needs to be calibrated. 

how do I know what to do and how to check if I need it? I mean, everything seems to be good looking, but if its off and I just don't know it, I would like to know how to modify these "said" settings, as I want the most out of my xps 13!

I'm also experimenting with different power-plan settings, trying to configure this machine for the best possible battery-life, and also longevity in overall-life span. meaning I want to preserve this machine in ways possible, without reducing any of the added benefits of having such a high-performing laptop.

I bought this xps 13 from a friend, we actually traded. I gave him my ipad pro 12.9" with a ton of accessories, and he gave me the laptop; so its got some hardcore specs, and honestly idk if I really need some of them, lol - I say that only because Idk how to even utilize what this machine has under its hood, in all honesty.

its got an i7-6560u processor, 16gb of ram (the ram I'm happy with, from what ive read, ram is important to have a lot of - because it in some way "future-proofs" the machine), its also got a 512GB NVMe SSD, which is Toshiba's, and I ran the crystaldiskmark benchmark and got 1575 MB/sec for the read, and 944.5 MB/sec for the write; - I think that's decent, for this machine, but honestly not even sure what those numbers mean LOL. on top of those specs, its also got a QHD+ touch screen, and the intel iris 540 graphics card.

so, anybody have any experience with intels graphics control panel and the options and settings within, and maybe want to chime in and help a fellow newb out? :)

thanks,

- Brian

No Responses!
No Events found!