Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 18th, 2017 22:00

XPS 13 9360 vs Dynamic Contrast/Brightness

Hi

Recently I bought XPS 13 9360. I'm strongly annoyed by Dynamic Contrast/Brightness in the screen.

I downloaded "Firmware Update for enabling or disabling Dynamic Brightness Control" from link. After starting the program, I got an error

---------------------------
Panel Update
Not support platform
ОК

• 

16.7K Posts

June 20th, 2017 06:00

krasoff,

This is related to the displays Dynamic Backlight Control (DBC) technology. This feature will change the brightness of the display according to the content shown on the screen.
This is working as designed and used to save energy according to content displayed on the panel.

If you wish to disable this facility please follow these instructions:

1.Remove the external monitor if an external monitor is connected
2.The utility supports the QHD+/FHD panel firmware upgrade
3.Close all the applications before execute the firmware upgrade
4.Plug in the AC adapter before execute the firmware upgrade
5.Upgrade the Intel HD Graphic driver to the latest before execute the firmware upgrade
6.Download the utility from Dell's Support Website by going to the Drivers & downloads section/Applications category for your computer. Download and install the Firmware update utility for enabling/disabling DBC (Dynamic Backlight Control) feature.
7.Extract the file package and run the exe file to update the QHD+/FHD firmware
8.The customer can choose either “Enable DBC” or “Disable DBC” (Dell recommendation configuration is “Enable DBC”.)

10.Reboot the system after the firmware upgrade is completed

November 27th, 2017 23:00

Hi team,

I was wondering if/where/how this is available for Linux users! I have no windows on my Dell XPS 13 developer edition and can't run this file.

27 Posts

December 18th, 2017 10:00

I thought this firmware upgrade only worked for the QHD panel? Jesse-L 's post suggests it also works for the FHD screen. I thought the FHD screen's firmware could not be updated? Can anyone from Dell provide offical confirmation please?

27 Posts

December 22nd, 2017 09:00

RE:

I thought this firmware upgrade only worked for the QHD panel? Jesse-L 's post suggests it also works for the FHD screen. I thought the FHD screen's firmware could not be updated? Can anyone from Dell provide offical confirmation please?

Anyone from Dell listening/watching???

47 Posts

December 31st, 2017 00:00

Hi, please have a look here : en.community.dell.com/.../20026645

No Events found!