Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2015 11:00

XPS 13 (L322X) trackpad issues windows 10

The generic windows 10 driver works for left click anywhere and is ok-ish however there is no scrolling functionality. Installing the dell cyress software 2.5.1.65 significantly reduces the functionality of the trackpad to left and right clicks only in the absolute corners and none of the gestures such as two finger scrolling work.

Can anyone help me get a usable tracepad for windows 10?

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 11:00

This issue happened to me today as well after I updated to windows 10, what I did was uninstall the cypress trackpad, and reinstall it again. I got the installer from this link and now the trackpad is working well. Hope that helps everyone. 

2 Posts

March 6th, 2015 12:00

Yep I understand it is a beta and so I don't expect a solution just hoping for one, I actually installed windows 10 over Ubuntu, I strongly dislike windows 8 but windows 10 has so far been great.

I asked the same question on microsoft's TechNet, I just put it here as well as I figured there may be some fellow dell users who have tried windows 10 and thus experienced and potentially solved this issue. I have tried looking for a newer driver on cypress's website but got nowhere similarly I have been searching online more generally. 

Thanks for the suggestion of looking for other vendors who use the same trackpad I had not thought of that, so I will try look now.

9 Posts

First, understand you are using a beta operating system. You are not going to get "hot corners" or gestures to work in Windows 10 until a driver is dialed-in by either Dell or the hardware manufacturer. Period.

Your best bet is to keep trying different drivers from different hardware system manufactures/sellers -- as well as the hardware maker itself. I've found some are in different stages of Windows 10 compliance than others. For example, Dell might not be ahead of another seller with the same hardware -- or vice-verse. 

Also, you will get better help from a forum designated to Windows 10. As this is a general "hardware" on Win10 Preview, not a Dell specific issue.

Good Luck!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

Better to post in the Microsoft Windows 10 forum for help with this. As you know, windows 10 preview is still in testing and should not be installed over your working windows 8. It won't be final until later this year. You can upgrade to win 10 from the preview. However to get the free upgrade you'll have to reinstall windows 8.1 first if you installed the preview over it.

Windows 10 forum is here-- http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp? 

Edit: It is not a good idea to try other maker's drivers. Try the windows 8.1 drivers from Dell if the windows 10 drivers don't work. Dell drivers are customized for each model laptop.

1 Message

July 17th, 2015 18:00

Since Windows 10 has hit RTM, are there any plans to release drivers for the 2013 XPS13, or is Windows 8/8.1 the last supported release?

4 Operator

• 

5.2K Posts

July 18th, 2015 07:00

When Win 8 was issued, Dell touchpad drivers for Win 7 were not too good. They eventually issued a sort of universal Win 8 driver to use with all laptops. Usually, Dell does not supply drivers for an OS that was not available when the laptop first went on sale. As suggested above, look for Win 10 drivers on other OEM sites. I have found Toshiba to be a good source for new OS drivers for touchpads.

July 20th, 2015 08:00

Unfortunately, Dell is the OEM that I've found to use Cypress trackpads, and Cypress doesn't distribute drivers themselves. Looks like Win10 is just going to be lacking scrolling capability as long as I keep this laptop, which is fine. 

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 04:00

same issu here with the final relase of windows 10.

I hope dell will update the driver soon.

2 Posts

July 29th, 2015 15:00

Thank you, kind gentleperson!

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Thank you for the suggestion. The link is an older version of the drivers and does not work for my XPS 13. Reinstalling the updated version of drivers doesnt help either. 

Waiting for DELL Support to provide updated drivers for Windows 10. Adhoc solutions would only create more confusion. 

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 21:00

thanks saved me hours in trying to figure this out. Thanks again

December 16th, 2015 06:00

This did not work for me. I uninstalled the cypress touchpad then went to the link and installed the new one (restarting in between). My touchpad will not work :( Very disappointing. I wish I would have kept Windows 7. Now I have an awesome XPS 13 with no touchpad :( Thanks Microsoft.

December 16th, 2015 06:00

After looking around on different forums I can see that some people recommend downloading the windows 8 driver for the touchpad...would you recommend something different for the XPS 13? I was hoping to have my XPS working during the holiday season :/

1 Message

March 5th, 2016 18:00

Thank you for this simple solution. Wouldn't it have been nice for Dell to post this on their web site, rather than requiring it to need to be found in a user's post?

March 7th, 2016 05:00

This did not work for me. It worked originally but after I restarted it stopped working. I tried numerous time all with the same outcome :(

No Events found!