Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2016 14:00

XPS 13 Screen Cracked

My XPS 13 is less than a year old and the screen cracked.  This was NOT due to any mishandling, dropping, or any other form of ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE.  The first indication I had of the issue was a vertical green line.  After about a month the lines spread, both vertically then horizontally, starting from the bottom right hand corner of the screen.  As the lines spread the crack became visible.  The warranty department has basically called me a liar and said that there is no way the LCD would crack without some kind of force applied.  The force being applied is OPENING and CLOSING the screen!  I have worked with computers my entire adult life, I know how to treat a laptop.  If the simple act of opening and closing a laptop will crack the screen what use is the machine?  Now Dell want me to pay $260 plus tax to fix it?  Not going to happen.  I did not damage the screen through misuse or negligence, I simply opened and closed the thing for less than a year and the screen failed.  Anyone know what the *** to do now?  I'm tempted to not pay for the rest of the thing and ship it back to them.

No Responses!
No Events found!