Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

November 9th, 2017 10:00

XPS 13 trackpad problems

I've had my XPS 13 9360 for just about 2 months and the problems with the track pad are frustrating beyond belief.  I have made every possible combination of modifications to the controls suggested at various websites (with the exception of driver changes) yet problems both intermittent and constant continue at about the same rate. 

I have been a user of Dell Laptops with trackpads for at least 15 years. without any problems. I can use other trackpads without any issues (i.e. I don't have zombie fingers)

My problems include:

1) no response at all

2) erratic and slowing of pointer movement

3) pointer jumps randomly (when using Chrome most often to  zoom controls in address bar)

4) pointer drifts 

I currently have all gestures and pointer accuracy options OFF

I am using Window 10 Pro Ver. 1709 Build  16299.19 with all current updates installed.  (I have Dell auto update and installed all Dell updates)

• 

17K Posts

November 10th, 2017 05:00

laz127,

Click the link below for resolving touchpad issues with your system.
Touchpad Usage and Troubleshooting Guide

3 Posts

November 10th, 2017 06:00

Does anyone completely read what customers post here? As I said in my post:  I have tried everything suggested everywhere including this worthless troubleshooter.  This is obviously a known issue with the XPS 13, a simple Google search will tell you that. I can't believe DELL doesn't have a better answer.

• 

17K Posts

November 10th, 2017 06:00

laz127,

I apologize for the issue with your touchpad. Click the link below to follow the steps listed.

Tips and Tricks To Customize Dell XPS 13 Touchpad Settings

Please post back if the information resolved the issue or not.

No Events found!