Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2010 01:00

XPS 1340 infrared not working

hello all.

i got my laptop yesterday. it is actually replacement for the previous one as that is faulty (different issues) and it's gonna be returned to DELL next friday.

my problem is that i was not able to get infrared receiver to work. i also ordered dell remote control with the laptop but it does not work at all. also tried with my mobile phone and laptop does not pickup anything. on my previous laptops it worked out of the box.

first i checked device manager in win7 and it shows driver and device are ok and working properly. then i checked BIOS but i did not find any settings for infrared.

is there any way to activate it or am i doing something wrong? do you guys have infrared working normally on your XPS 1340 machines? strange thing it is the same with both laptops i have now.

many thanks.

13 Posts

February 5th, 2010 17:00

A check at Windows Update shows an 'optional' update regarding infrared devices. You might take a look at that. Good luck.   :emotion-5:

5 Posts

February 5th, 2010 23:00

From reason I do not understand correct driver was not installed from DELL. After a few calls with DELL and hours of searching works ok. It was just a driver! So it is resolved now.

2 Posts

February 17th, 2010 14:00

how, my friend? What is that driver, please tell us too. I've been searching for the right one for 3 days now...

5 Posts

February 18th, 2010 00:00

oh, i'm glad it helped! i had the same problem, different version of the driver was installed from DELL when i got the laptop and it did not work. technical support was desperate and they arranged to replace motherboard! luckily this driver helped, what a relief.

5 Posts

sure, sorry for not mentioning it the first time. the driver is: ITE IT8512 CIR Receiver

hope it helps :emotion-5:

2 Posts

it works now. I don't understand exaCTLY why - I had the driver instaled but apparently not this version. I downloaded the one you posted and it wotks.

Thank you very much!

No Events found!