Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

September 16th, 2013 02:00

XPS 14z (L412z) - Booting issue with 7 Beeps many times

Hi,

With lots of interest on the look and feel as well the "Dell" Brand, I purchased this Dell XPS 14z (L412z). Day one it started giving problem at the time of initial OS installation. Went to the stores where I purchased, but then it was working fine. Completed the installation. After few days of use, again the 7 beeps issue came. This 7 beeps keep coming. At times system crashes abruptly.

Appreciate a solution from this Forum.

Thanks & Regards

Sundar

Take it light - I also found a solution in the following link 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_g_8rIKREE.

September 16th, 2013 03:00

Hi sumoindia,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your co-operation; the 7 beep for your XPS 14z computer means CPU failure.
The motherboard is suspected to be faulty and we need to replace the motherboard, please provide us the Service tag of your computer on a private message. To send a private message, click on my user name and select send a Private Message and provide your service tag and contact information (as mentioned below)
so that I may access your system records.

System Service Tag No:
Registered System Owner's Name:
Shipping address:
Telephone number/s:
Email address:

Let us know if this helps.

3 Posts

June 21st, 2014 00:00

Sundar, 

I have the same issue with my XPS14z. Just updated to the latest bios and I think the problem has been solved (fingers crossed). I have been rebooting several times for a couple of hours and no beeps, goes into Windows. See link below.

Jose

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=CGPCP&fileId=3080370967&osCode=W764&productCode=xps-l412z&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI

No Events found!