Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

December 20th, 2015 00:00

XPS 15 9550; No audio of headphone insert

Like the title says,i am having problem with audio from the very first day.Upon inserting headphone in the 3.5mm jack,a pop up about  comes out  about headphone in,headphone with mic etc.....And audio mutes and don't come back.Even if i take the headphone out.No sound on speaker either.

Seems like its a problem with dell audio driver.Uninstalling Dell audio driver and using Microsoft stock audio Driver fixes the issue.Anyone with this same strange problem?

11 Posts

February 23rd, 2016 00:00

After clean install,did you install all the drivers from dell website?

Clean install was my last option.But if it doesn't work,thats a no go for me.i don't know what the heck is dell doing.i ordered mine from microsoft store.what about you?

11 Posts

February 25th, 2016 16:00

I just fixed mine.I think i've found the culprit.

Possible fix:

1) Go to control panel>uninstall a program

2) Uninstall dell foundation services

3)Restart

4)Download and Install Dell foundation Version 3.1.1900.0, A00  from dell website.

5)Restart .It should be fixed now.

15 Posts

February 25th, 2016 18:00

Thanks, that fixed it for me too. This is frustrating though, because I don't want to have Dell Foundation services installed due to security risks (e.g., the certificate debacle a couple months ago). Why is this extra software needed for the computer to work right?? Plus, it's Foundation Services is not even included in the Microsoft Store edition, right?

11 Posts

February 26th, 2016 08:00

the problem is the program update itself automatically and that is  when the problem arises.

Right now even after installing  Version 3.1.1900.0 it is now updated automatically to 3.1.3300.0.

You can see the version in Control Panel> uninstall program.

1 Message

February 28th, 2016 15:00

Hi,

Is there a way to stop Dell from updating Dell Foundation Services after installing Version 3.1.1900.0?

11 Posts

February 28th, 2016 16:00

It will auto update as soon as DFSSvc.exe starts.so the workaround would be disable "Dell foundation services" from services.msc. so it will never start and never update.

anyway,the audio problem just got back again  even after reinstalling dell foundation services.The solution is not working anymore.*** YOU DELL!!!!

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 17:00

My XPS 15 has the same problem.  I can't listen thru headphones without loosing audio.  Have to restart to get audio back.

3 Posts

March 8th, 2016 00:00

My work around, which almost always works, is after inserting the jack to right click the Volume icon in the action bar, select "Playback devices",  right click "Speakers/Headphones" entry and then "Disable" and "Enable" again. Tried to create a script (using devcon) to do it by one click, but did not found correct devices that do the trick.

Dell certainly MUST fix this issue in their Flagship and expensive product.

Just my 2c

April 4th, 2016 13:00

I'm still with this issue even though I have latest 7737 realtek drivers. Dell you are reckless. FIX THIS ASAP!

April 8th, 2016 23:00

Only fixed it because you restarted.  Plug a headphone jack in and then pull it out.  Audio doesn't work after that.

April 8th, 2016 23:00

I've tried everything mentioned.  I still have the same issues.   Profane word removed as per TOU>

1 Message

May 2nd, 2016 23:00

Anyone found a fix to this yet? 

I attempted to disable and enable devices which worked a couple of times, but this is very moody and the audio turns off for good until you restart.

Dell pretends like this is a problem they have not faced when infact there is a forum full of posts. 

Even under warranty, the "expert" attempts to install and update new audio drivers via screen share and is surprised this doesn't fix the problem. Unbelievable tech support.

Anyone who finds a quick fix, please update.

7 Posts

May 6th, 2016 08:00

I have the same problem with no audio. Using the Microsoft driver "High Definition Audio Device," makes the problem happen much less frequently (as in not always). However, you lose the DSP settings for the speaker and microphone (i.e. no noise cancellation, etc).

DELL FIX THIS!

11 Posts

May 25th, 2016 12:00

I'm from south korea. 

Mine has a symptom that speakers doesn't work after earphone insert than pull out.  only solution was put in sleep mode than wake it up.

Dell tech here in korea told me to remove realtek usb audio from app.  and update realtek hd audio driver to 6.01.7737.

Tech guy told me that realtek usb audio is for thunder doc.  and there is collision in drivers some how.

I know this is only temporary solution but mine doesn't have audio jack issue anymore. 

4 Posts

May 25th, 2016 13:00

I got tired of the problem so I exchanged the laptop @ the microsoft store. Don't have the problem any more but this is what i found , there are 2 realtek drivers.  In devicemgr for sound, video and game controllers the driver is  Realtek  6.0.1.7737. Under Audio inputs and outputs its version Microsoft driver 10.0,10586.0.

hope this helps

No Events found!