Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

August 7th, 2016 10:00

XPS 15 9550 trackpad scrolling slow

When scrolling in Windows 10 using the trackpad of the XPS 15 9550, sometimes scrolling is extremely slow. (You can scroll, and physically sit back and wait for the scrolling to finish.)

I noticed this in windows which contain a treeview (e.g., the left pane of the Windows explorer, foobar2000 album view), and not (yet) in other windows (e.g., Chrome, or the right pane in the Windows explorer).

When plugging in an external mouse and using this to scroll, this does not occur, indicating a possible issue with the trackpad drivers or settings?

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

3 Posts

August 11th, 2016 13:00

I've got the same issue on the 7559 (I'm guessing it uses the same Elan part) - although that's the least annoying thing about this trackpad.  

What driver are you using - mine has a basic default Microsoft driver?

The right-click "button" is totally random - about 50% of the time it records a regular left-click. This happens regardless of how 'careful' I am clicking on it.

62 Posts

August 19th, 2016 06:00

I'm simply using the latest one from Dell Update, don't have a clue which drivers it uses.

9 Posts

October 11th, 2016 16:00

Does this happen on both external and internal screens using the trackpad? I have noticed slower scrolling on Chrome when it's on an external monitor, especially after plugging and unplugging the HDMI cable multiple times. I'm thinking it's a display driver issue. My trackpad has 0 issues when using only the laptop screen, though, so maybe it's different from you.

62 Posts

October 12th, 2016 05:00

@buggaby I believe so, yes, although I currently do not have an external screen available to test.

However, I am not referring to 'slower' or even 'jittery' scrolling what you seem to refer to (which as I sidenote I notice quite regularly in Chrome with this laptop, especially in PDFs, but that is a separate graphics card related issue).

The issue I report on her I could already reproduce on at least one other XPS 15 9550, and must be related to a driver issue of the trackpad. Find a scroll view with a tree view in it (e.g., the left pane of Windows explorer) and scroll in it using trackpad scrolling. You will immediately see what I mean.

June 1st, 2017 19:00

I have the same issue in 2017 . any suggestions ??

No Events found!