Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2012 19:00

XPS 1530 battery light flashes

I have a xps 1530 that shuts down when playing games.It just recently wont turn on at all and the battery light flashes (4 orange 1 blue)The lights above the keyboard light up,and the fan is going but nothing shows up on the screen.I tried without the battery and it does the same thing minus the flashing lights on the battery indicator.I pressed the battery button and all green lights show up,so not really sure whats going on.Is it common for the graphics card to go out on these or anything else?I also dont have a warranty on it.thanks

June 18th, 2012 20:00

Hi jake1d,

Thank you for your reply. The blinking LEDs indicate that the processor is not detected by the motherboard. So either the processor is loose of it can be an issue with the motherboard or the processor itself as well. As it’s a hardware issue, you can add me as a friend and provide the service tag number of the computer via a private message. After checking the service contracts, I will let you know the next course of action.

Let me know in case there are any other concerns. Glad to be of assistance.

Chiranjeev

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

Hi jake1d,

Welcome to the community.

It appears you are not getting any display on the LCD. In this case you can run a test on the LCD by performing the following steps-

Turn off the computer. Press and hold down the D key and then press and release the power button. Check if you get anything on the screen or in case you hear any beeps.

Also please check the status of the light on the Power button.

Let me know of the findings. Glad to be of assistance.

Chiranjeev

5 Posts

When i hold down the D button,different colors flash on the screen.Also,when i press the power button it lights up then goes from left to right with the other buttons.Everything lights up when i press it.

5 Posts

June 15th, 2012 10:00

Is there any manuals to show what the battery lights flashing means?

June 15th, 2012 21:00

Hi jake1d,

Thank you for your reply. You can check the following to know what Battery LED indicates-

If the computer is connected to an electrical outlet, the battery light operates as follows:

• Solid blue — The battery is charging.

• Flashing blue — The battery is almost fully charged.

If the computer is running on a battery, the battery light operates as follows:

• Off — The battery is adequately charged (or the computer is turned off).

• Flashing orange — The battery charge is low.

• Solid orange — The battery charge is critically low.

However, I would suggest you to release the static power by performing the steps provided below and then check the status of the Num lock This is an image of the Number Lock icon., Caps lock This is an image of the Caps Lock icon.and the scroll lockThis is an image of the Scroll Lock icon.LEDs, as that can help up isolate what hardware is causing the issue-

Remove the battery as well as the ac adapter from the system. Press and hold down power button pressed for 10 seconds. This will release the static power. Once done connect the AC adapter, turn on the computer and the check the status of the mentioned LEDs. Also check if you see anything or the screen or in case you hear any beeps.

Let me know of the findings. Glad to be of assistance.

Chiranjeev

5 Posts

June 15th, 2012 22:00

First blue light blinks on and off constantly.The other 2 are solid blue.I dont notice any beeps when i turn it on.

5 Posts

June 18th, 2012 22:00

It decided to stop turning on completely.:( I think i will just scrap it and see if i can get another laptop.thanks for the help.

No Events found!