Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2014 18:00

XPS 15Z L511Z Screen

Started out as a dark spot in the top right corner of the screen. Now whenever I touch the screen or move the laptop the screen almost goes black (screen looks black but when looking at it at an angle it is just really really dim). I have been looking all over the internet for a solution but have yet to find one. Seems like a lot of people are having the same problem. The weird thing is when I connect the laptop to an external monitor the display works and the laptop screen becomes bright again, besides the dull top right corner. LCD display part # is KW90D. Have done a lot of research and I'm ready to buy a new screen but would like some assurance before I buy. Thanks

3 Posts

May 10th, 2014 20:00

Hello, this same problem has happened AGAIN on my laptop. This is the 3rd screen I've had with this problem and both replacements were under warranty (the whole upper assembly/lid was replaced both times). This problem is quite common as we've seen in this thread, also see threads:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19502022.aspx

This is obviously a problem with the XPS  15z laptop. Is there any PERMANENT fix or am I doomed to replacing the screen every year or two?
No Events found!