Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 8th, 2016 12:00

XPS 9550 4K screen flicker with new bios

After installing the new bios update, the screen flickers every few seconds.  After rolling back to previous bios, the problem went away.

14 Posts

August 1st, 2016 14:00

Yes unfortunately on the Dell page previous update bios missing
and offers to install only the latest version of the BIOS causes problems with screen flickering
it took me day to solve this problem, the Internet, forums, articles...
sure that I'm not the only one faced this problem

77 Posts

August 1st, 2016 15:00

how did you solve the problem?

I got the older bios from downloads.dell.com

18 Posts

August 4th, 2016 01:00

For me screen also flickers on 1.2.1, so reverted back to 1.2.0.

I hope to see new bios soon, bcz it is unbelievable. Also, DELL, where is HWP supported in CPU but not supported by your BIOS? Are you guys planning to do support for it?

XPS 9550 / i7/ 4K 

77 Posts

August 8th, 2016 07:00

Yes unfortunately on the Dell page previous update bios missing
and offers to install only the latest version of the BIOS causes problems with screen flickering
it took me day to solve this problem, the Internet, forums, articles...
sure that I'm not the only one faced this problem

anyone had any response from Dell?

18 Posts

August 8th, 2016 09:00

Looks like they are thinking that best solution is to ignore problems, and maybe they will just disappear :)

14 Posts

August 8th, 2016 11:00

simba2585

anyone had any response from Dell?

I did not address to Dell Support

it would be possible to ask them a question, but I think that the most likely response will be standard on regulations

5 Posts

August 30th, 2016 20:00

I seem to be having the same issue. I don't understand why Dell is not looking into this wholeheartedly. Its a great product but its just getting riddled with incorrect drivers and lackluster effort by the tech team at dell to make a truly holistic product. 

I mean up your game Dell , The new Macbook is round the corner and you don't want your best machine to have stupid issues like these. I had been following up with laptop for a while and I knew some driver issues persisted but considering this laptop is almost more than a year old now I expected they would've ironed it out. 

Anyway

Could someone please forward me the link for the rollback drivers for the XPS 9550. 

77 Posts

August 31st, 2016 07:00

I seem to be having the same issue. I don't understand why Dell is not looking into this wholeheartedly. Its a great product but its just getting riddled with incorrect drivers and lackluster effort by the tech team at dell to make a truly holistic product. 

I mean up your game Dell , The new Macbook is round the corner and you don't want your best machine to have stupid issues like these. I had been following up with laptop for a while and I knew some driver issues persisted but considering this laptop is almost more than a year old now I expected they would've ironed it out. 

Anyway

Could someone please forward me the link for the rollback drivers for the XPS 9550. 

I'm pretty sure the issue affects all XPS 9550 machines with 4K screen. I have an open support request open with Dell on this however they cannot advise timescale as to when this will be resolved. I have been told however that the matter has been escalated internally. Still its disappointing there is no fix as of yet.

You can roll back to A06 from here: http://downloads.dell.com/published/pages/xps-15-9550-laptop.html

The more people make that contact Dell about this directly the better because I don't think they are even bothered about threads like this.

1 Message

September 23rd, 2016 01:00

Hi,

I've received my Dell xps 15" 4k a couple of days ago and I have the same issue with very fast dimming/flickering (not going black). I can't believe that Dell still, after one year for God's sake, sends out computers with the same, unresolved issue. I really don't want to return it because I won't find a better suited laptop for myself.. is downgrading bios pretty much a guaranteed fix for this dim-flickering? I've tried many other fixes found online but nothing helped - it really looks like a software issue, not hardware... But many of you sent your laptops back and received new ones with no screen issues.. I don't want to do this as it took ages for it to be delivered from China to the UK and I can't wait another month just to receive another faulty model..

I'd appreciate your help, thanks a lot

6 Posts

November 28th, 2016 14:00

77 Posts

November 29th, 2016 06:00

so much for the mid-November BIOS release that was stated by Dell.

No Events found!