Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

June 29th, 2017 23:00

XPS 9550 Wireless Disconnecting When Asleep

When I put my PC to sleep and awake it the wireless is unable to detect a network. I have tried turning my wifi on and off, but this does not work. I have to restart my comp everytime to get it to find networks. Has anyone encountered this issue? My BIOS is up to date.

2K Posts

July 1st, 2017 00:00

Hi EALES,

When you resume the system from sleep, does it have a red X mark on the network icon in notification panel?

Does this occur only when you resume from Sleep? Is this auto sleep or manual sleep mode? Does it work fine when resumed from hibernation?

Go to device manager -> wireless card properties -> power management tab -> disable the check box "allow the system to turn off this device to save power" - restart and check. 

Reinstall the wireless driver and check.

Restart and check in safe mode with networking, if it resumes from sleep.

Enable the built in admin account and check.

Restart the system and press f2 key on startup to enter BIOS -> go to performance -> disable c-states -> restart and check.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

4 Posts

July 17th, 2017 23:00

This is the red X and it happens when I put the computer to sleep myself. I tried your fixes but they didn't seem to work. I did not have this problem on the previous BIOS.

No Events found!