Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2016 09:00

XPS 9550 cursor lag on desktop

Hi. 

I am having a very strange issue. Only when I move my cursor over my desktop or taskbar (i.e. not over any open window) the speed of the cursor slows to a crawl, where the cursor itself is slow and there is a significant lag between me moving my finger and the cursor moving, as if everything is moving in slow motion.  There is no other obvious performance decrease.  The issue seems to mostly happen when I'm on battery power, although it has once or twice happened when on AC power.  My drivers, BIOS, and Windows 10 are up to date using the latest from the Dell website. 

Thanks!

14 Posts

November 27th, 2016 14:00

Hi andrewkuzik

Try it in the task manager, disable in automatic launch Dell PremierColor, restart your computer

This should help, at least to me helped

1 Message

December 23rd, 2016 15:00

I'm having this problem as well! Please, what is the solution?

December 25th, 2016 17:00

Hey Aelnakouzi.  See Miss_Ehanson's reply above, it fixed it for me!

17 Posts

February 14th, 2017 02:00

@Miss_Ehanson

Thank you so much for this solution! I was experiencing mouse lag when on battery power as well. Have been trying different Intel/Nvidia drivers for weeks, but that didn't fix it. I closed Dell PremierColor and the mouse lag stopped immediately! Just deleted PremierColor, wasn't using it anyway. This just made my day, thanks :)

14 Posts

February 15th, 2017 08:00

Hi. DennisAme

Thanks, I'm glad that helped someone

it's so cool when people share with each other

have a nice day )

No Events found!