Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2009 17:00

XPS M1330 Blank Screen

Hi.  I'm having a problem with my XPS M1330.  When I turn it on it access' the drives and lights up all the LEDs then stops.  The screen starts out black then vertical lines appear then it changes to bright grey.  I have run the fail to POST test and the "D + power" test.  From those tests it appears I have the ndidia GPU issue that's been discussed here and on several other sites.  I bought my laptop in June of 08, so it's 4 months past the original warranty.  I have read here that Dell is covering this specific problem for 1 year beyond the original warranty, but several calls to out of warranty support have ended with my request for assistance being denied.  The last person I talked to offered a reduced rate mail in repair, but still denied that my system was covered by the warranty extension.  Does anyone have a contact number or way for me to get this taken care of?  This is very frustrating.  I currently own 6 Dell systems and I have always had good things to say about Dell until now.

No Responses!
No Events found!